What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

John Hamblin

Juniors
Our defence will win us the game. Limit their metres and keep them in their own half on the back of Nathan's kicking game. Go Panthers!

We will be behind at half time then come out and wipe the floor with them. The game plan lately seems to be a wait and see approach. See what they throw at us identify it then shut it down.
It looks like a lazy start but seems to be working.
I think we will come out of the blocks a bit quicker this week. To’o and Fish help that and we generally seem to get more fired up for the big games this year; which is understandable given the age of our side.

Should be less nerves this year than last year; experience and neutral venues should play into that.

I am surprised there hasn’t been more talk about the venue situation. Obviously all away, but playing the game on the sunny coast would have given us some advantage as I think the Bunnies are on the Gold Coast. Cant begrudge Nth Queensland the double header, but I imagine if it was the ‘pride of the league’ who were the home team it might be the Gold Coast getting the double header.

murraymob

Coach
The downside of games there is the humidity.Ball handling has. It been good there.one of the things we seem to have a high error count in is the dropping off the ball in the play the ball .Fix that will go a long way to winning

GongPanther

Referee
I was just on the souths thread for the game, the aim from their side seems to be to rough up us and potentially injure nathan especially. We have to be ready for this and make sure both sides of the ruck keep them away, especially Su'a if bennet actually decides to start him. If there was a way - it would be very helpful if we integrated Burton into the game to send up towering bombs as we know he defs has the ability to.

Also noting their FB position imo is still undecided gagai, AJ and even walker could make there way there with burns on the edges. Interesting what happens come saturday.
They were talking that kind of shit the week leading up to the last time we played them. Hoping they injure someone is a strange train of thought. Maybe it's because of the daunting task ahead for their side.

murraymob

Coach
They were talking that kind of shit the week leading up to the last time we played them. Hoping they injure someone is a strange train of thought. Maybe it's because of the daunting task ahead for their side.
This could back fire in a major way by players get put on report .Say a murray .there season is gone if he is not there

snickers007

Juniors
Honestly this could backfire (both ways).
Everyone uses blockers to protect kickers, and everyone unnecessarily roughs up the kicker.

If both teams are going to the refs for different issues, wouldn't surprise me to see Sutton make a statement, and go hard on both infringement types.

We can minimise their opportunities to line up Cleary (and reduce the need for blockers) by kicking early, using Burton/Luai as backups, and using our quickest play the ball men as 5th tackle runners.

GongPanther

Referee
For sure but I might visit there forum and tell them to put there manners back in Hang on or is it there teeth !!
I went in there just for a friendly chat a few weeks ago. Was surprise how inflammatory the feeling was within that lot towards another sporting side. A lot of Dutch courage.

murraymob

Coach
We could also look to run the ball on the last.two guys rushing out of the line at worst we turn the ball over near there line .great feild advantage

Nealo 12

Bench
I went in there just for a friendly chat a few weeks ago. Was surprise how inflammatory the feeling was within that lot towards another sporting side. A lot of Dutch courage.
This notion that the last time we played them we had Aitkens in our favour is really delusional stuff in their forum , really … a professional sport that has referees manipulating games I think we moved past those days when Hartley retired 😂

murraymob

Coach
End of the day no one controlled the ref.our job is to concentrate on footy do that we go a long way towards victory .Do the basic things play the ball hold the ball .both teams are close so the mistakes could well be the difference