1. LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication - The Front Row - to accompany your footy weekend. INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 32 pages and packed full. EDITION 1 - OUT NOW!
    JUST CLICK HERE TO READ ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PDF COPY.
    Dismiss Notice

Penrith won, ho hum.

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Rooster Cogburn., Oct 6, 2003.

1. shadowboxer

shadowboxer Bench

as Buzz Aldrin said after following Neil Armstrong to be the SECOND man on the moon.

"First comes right after Second" deal with it just like Buzz did

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Juniors

I never said you said that. I'm saying that you're wrong to suggest that Easts lost the match rather than Penrith winning it. You also blamed the weather. :lol:

Nevertheless, you did say that Roosters were a better team:
    I assume by 'a better football team' you mean this as being over the year (?).
    Then why were the Panthers minor premiers? Was this because the Roosters are a better team?

3. Y2Eel

Y2Eel First Grade

More like one sore loser...
    good job penny panthers you were the best team in 03' your guys will be up there in 04' but look out for the eels

4. slippery eel

slippery eel Juniors

you lost cause Penrith matched you in the forwards!. The Roosters forwards led by Morley tried to smash Penrith, but the Panther forwards stood up and dished it back. Than it came down to the backline which the Panthers were more skillful on the night.

YOU WERE SMASHED.

5. Everlovin' Antichrist

Everlovin' Antichrist Immortal

RC, you're a sook.

6. roostergirl

roostergirl Juniors

FFS We lost fair & square.

Panthers defence was awesome and caused us to make shitloads of mistakes. We had plenty of opportunity to score but didn't.

I am a roosters supporter and this hurt so much that at Telstra Stadium I cried like a baby with 5 mins to go, but I am not that delusional to say that Penrith didn't deserve that win.

2003 Penrith def Roosters end of story.

Bring on 2004....a brand new season.

7. antonius

antonius Coach

Clagburn....Here you are, we've all been waiting in the Knights forum here for you to view the replies to your pre-match thread... But no show, What's wrong "CAT GOT YOUR TOUNGE?" or should that be "CAT GOT YOUR TROPHY?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Aeetee

Aeetee Juniors

antonius that was GOLD mate. Archive that call. Mind if I use it. :D

9. with_ham

with_ham Juniors

Cogburn ur a one-eyed fool! Penrith were minor premiers, premiers and also dished out the biggest defeat to the roosters all season, with critics doubting them all along the way.

AND just to rub the loss in a little, I read in a Sydney paper on Monday...
    "Chris Walker should have stayed at souths, at least then he would have won the wooden spoon". I guess that says something for the roosters who have nothing to show for season 2003! :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. taxidriver

taxidriver Coach

A summary of everything Cockburn has said on this thread....

boo hoo hoo boo hoo sniffle boo hoo hoo boo hoo snort, sniffle
    boo hoo

You got thumped by the best team this year, live with it.

11. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

I agree that Penrith were the best team last night but I don't agree that Penrith were the best team all year. They had a dream run with hardly any injuries and the rep season didn't effect them. Winning the minor premiership doesn't necessarally mean that you're the best. Look at Souths in 89 or Cronulla in 99. As I said Penrith were better last night but Easts are still a better footy team than them.[/quote][/quote]

LOL! :roll: Dream Run? We played some of the toughest teams in the competition and still beat them! Free of injuries?? Girds was out for half the season with a Sternal Injury, Priddis and Puletua were out for the first qualifying final! O.K. your right about the Rep season not affecting us much, but quite a few of our players are kids who are playing well against Rep players, and havent even tasted Rep football themselves: Lewis, Rooney, Ross, Waterhouse, Swain, Rodney, Campbell and yes, even Wesser.
    R.C. stop creaming yourself and come back down to earth! Admit you were outclassed by a better team. We fully deserve the minor premiership and we deserve the premiership as well. All this Bulls*#t about the Roosters worse performance all season and loosing because it was raining are pathetic excuses!! If it was the roosters worse performance all season, why did Ricky, Freddy and the boys save it for the Grand Final??? As I recall (I was at the game, were you?) Shannon Heggarty gave us some very anxious moments out there, and when he was in open space and unmarked, my heart literally stopped! And if it had not been for Satts, Todd Byrne would have definately crossed for a try! - Would have been a different story then! And as for your Bulls*#t about the rain, well..... If the Roosters aren't an all-weather team, how could they, as you claim be a better team than Penrith?? :roll:

Come off your soapbox, admit you were beaten by a better team, give cedit where it's due and save your analysis and energy for next season.

Pantherjim.

12. Big Panther Cool

Big Panther Cool Juniors

There's no use reasoning with the unreasonable.

I mean we're talking about a dimwit in the form of Rooster 'Gooster' Cogburn, who went down to low depths to make racist comments about Rhys Wesser. He then tried to explain himself on the Panthers website that he wasn't trying to be racist and was quite apologetic about making such comments. Then he goes back to the Wall Forum and posts a thread, calling the Panther supporters dumb!!

Therapy would be my recommendation for this 'poor simple fool'.

Go and enjoy your end of season trip Cogburn!!

YOUR TEAM IS GOOOOONNNEE!!

THE ROOSTERS ARE GOOOONNNNEE!!!

THEY ARE NOT THE PREMIERS ANY LONGER!!!!!

NONE OF THE OTHER TEAM'S SUPPORTERS LIKE THEM (as what's been demonstrated in these forums)

THEIR SEASON IS FINISHED!!

THEY WILL BE FORGOTTEN!!!

and most of all...........

Rooster Cogburn.........................GET OUT OF HERE YOU RACIST, XENOPHOBIC, IDIOTIC FOOL!!!!

13. fazmeister

fazmeister Juniors

You forgot to mention that Penrith may now be contracted to become pretty boys involved in homosexual sunsilk base elements commercials. Congrats Penny Panthers, I feel proud donning my brown and white scarf for another day

14. Everlovin' Antichrist

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :|

15. Misty Bee

Misty Bee First Grade

Could you see Gulavau even WASHING his hair????

16. Everlovin' Antichrist

No, because it's only October.

17. midas

midas Juniors

Rooters have to come to grips with the fact that if Freddy doesn,t play or has an off-day then they will lose 7 out of 10 times.
    They are more dependant on FF than the Knights are on Joey Johns and after last Sunday ,this fact will be more firmly embedded in their psyche than ever.
    And now that the Penny Panthers have burst the Chooks bully boy image ,next year is gonna be real tough for them.
    Not only will the Panthers finish in front of the Club With No Juniors but so will a few other sides.

18. bob_the_knight

bob_the_knight Juniors

What a ridiculous topic!!
    Of cours the Penny Panthers deserved everything they got, they were brave, powerful and skillful.
    All of their playmakers had blinders, and the roosters didn;t. Every1 in the panthers played great and they deserve their title, WELL DONE BOYS!!!

19. trevorm

trevorm Juniors

Its so funny that this nob was a constant pest on the Panthers forum before the grand final but hasn't been game to show his ugly head since.

Loser

20. trevorm

trevorm Juniors

I could not have said it better myself