What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

soc123_au

Staff member
If the last 20 of the GF is the benchmark that PCL was holding him back. Now it's gone look out QLD, he's gunna rip Origin a new one.

Would the panthers have been this successful if Covid never happened ?

i doubt they would have won 1 premiership if teams didn’t have to relocate and live in a bubble

most clubs are still struggling with the effects of Covid
I actually think it is an interesting point (and I know he was trying to troll, but he seems to have stumbled onto an insightful question; even a stopped watch is right twice a day).

Would Penrith have been successful without COVID? I actually think the rule changes have helped us massively (not sure if you put that down to COVID or not), but it has ensured that the fittest, most skilled team has an advantage like never before; that is reason why we can have been so consistently excellent before.

Previously teams could do the rugby league equivalent of ‘park the bus’ by lying in the ruck, spoiling, and that brought the best teams back to the comp; there is now less of that.

The best example is the GF, where the coaching allowed both teams to lie in the ruck; this nullified our supremacy in the first half and led to the game effectively ending up a toss of the coin; lucky we had the most clutch player in the game and he loaded the dice in our favour (to mix up my gambling metaphors…)

i doubt they would have won 1 premiership if teams didn’t have to relocate and live in a bubble

the real question is would the Storm be a successful club if they were 1) allowed to cheat 2) after being caught cheating allowed to keep the nucleus of a roster assembled cheating the cap

The answer is NO

IMO they should have been expelled. As a fan of the game it is as low as it gets.

the real question is would the Storm be a successful club if they were 1) allowed to cheat 2) after being caught cheating allowed to keep the nucleus of a roster assembled cheating the cap

The answer is NO

IMO they should have been expelled. As a fan of the game it is as low as it gets.
Parra got caught rorting the cap as well, and they still added another spoon to their tally lol.

soc123_au

Staff member

Bravo. You just lowered the bar further than most of us expected it could go.