What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

roofromoz

First Grade
Does Penrith hero Brandy count as credible?

He seems to be speaking more as a disappointed father rather than a hack that is paid to write or say shit.

And yes, I know Brandy is not the gold standard in the RL media, as many game day threads attest.

GongPanther

Referee
The great thing about investigating the panthers for covid breaches, sex tapes, breaking trophies is that the dumb merkins post it on the net
Not just the Panthers. The net has delivered some glorious moments from other club's players.

Thing is one has to keep in mind that it can happen to anyone's team.

roofromoz

First Grade
To be honest 1997 wasn't a bad year. I went to just about every NSW based PENRITH game, including the World Club Challenge games. It was fun, some of the "World Class" pre game entertainment was very cringe, Cher, Rod Stewart and Tom Jones stick in my mind. The highlight was Solomon Humanos Mum going full genius when he got KO'ed at Belmore though. Good times.

My first PENRITH experience live was v Norths in 1999.

My only RL match in 1997 was the Illawarra v Gold Coast semi final at Parramatta Stadium. I was in Year 12, went with two mates that were absolutely cut after sharing a slab of VB in Parramatta Park pre-game and then preceded to try and hit on the very few single looking ladies that was sitting on whichever hill was the wet one (Peter Sterling or Brett Kenny, can't remember). Top night.

Das Hassler

Bench
Imagine if just one of the entitled pricks who falsified their papers to cross the border (into the state that facilitated the competition happening at all) to join the Clearys matchside had tested positive forcing SE Qld into lockdown and costing millions ...what would the penalties have been? I think the sky's the limit plus 50% would be getting off.light.... If it ends up that they were told they'd have tickets in the box if they can somehow get there then the book has to be thrown wherever it needs to land.

soc123_au

Staff member
Imagine if just one of the entitled pricks who falsified their papers to cross the border (into the state that facilitated the competition happening at all) to join the Clearys matchside had tested positive forcing SE Qld into lockdown and costing millions ...what would the penalties have been? I think the sky's the limit plus 50% would be getting off.light.... If it ends up that they were told they'd have tickets in the box if they can somehow get there then the book has to be thrown wherever it needs to land.
Settle down Turbo. Every article so far has had the disclaimer that Cleary and May are unlikely to have had anything to do with it. Lets see how things pan out. At this stage 3 dickheads did the wrong thing. Everything else at this stage is clickbait.

Tomorrows headline, "Wayne Bennett burns his toast, Nathan Cleary to front integrity commission for investigation"

Das Hassler

Bench
Settle down Turbo. Every article so far has had the disclaimer that Cleary and May are unlikely to have had anything to do with it. Lets see how things pan out. At this stage 3 dickheads did the wrong thing. Everything else at this stage is clickbait.

Tomorrows headline, "Wayne Bennett burns his toast, Nathan Cleary to front integrity commission for investigation"

Dont worry about settle down...nothing I've said is unsettled....save it for someone else

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
I think Brandy, more than almost everyone, understands the consequences of partying too hard on a big night for the club. You can't blame him for being upset.

Brandy's quoted comments were pretty much just pull your head in.

The reporting of those comments is 'Penrith legend slams celebrations'.

Anyone reckon any of the 2021 team could match how hard a bloke like MG went thirty years ago?

Latest posts