What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People Am I Making A Valid Point?

IanG

Coach
In another thread here I made a comment suggesting that Souths should go to NASA for pre season training to aclimitise themsleves to a place which has no atmosphere. It was a bit of a joke yet I've been accused to taking a swipe at the Bunnies.

I just wanna point out too that I'm not takin' the micky. Of course I wanna see Souths recapure their old glory but I was tryingt o point out the facts about Playing at Telstra. Was I being unfair or am I making a valid point here?

chinorocks

Juniors
Your all good. Souths "Fans" that lobbyed and worked their asses off to get them back into the comp, do not turn up reguarly enough. Essentially I think they jumped on their back because they we're a cause, and now that their back they couldn't care less if they finish last or second last every year. And any Souths fans reading this don't even bother abusing me for saying it, do yourselfs, and your team a favour and go to the god damn games.

ummmmm if there is then they must be rent-a-crowd!! But as far as i have seen, no there are not any Souths fans.But if they all jump to conclusions and jump down ya throat when you merely try to state a point of view then maybe its for the better that there isn't any of them making their presence known

Razor

Coach
chinorocks said:
Your all good. Souths "Fans" that lobbyed and worked their asses off to get them back into the comp, do not turn up reguarly enough. Essentially I think they jumped on their back because they we're a cause, and now that their back they couldn't care less if they finish last or second last every year. And any Souths fans reading this don't even bother abusing me for saying it, do yourselfs, and your team a favour and go to the god damn games.

Even if they go to their games, at Telstra there will be no atmosphere. Telstra is the world's sh*tiest Rugby League stadium.

Knightmare

Coach
How can you call Rugby League the "working man's game" when teams don't even play in their local area? The Bulldogs have the money, surely they could upgrade Belmore Oval and return there- it needs less upgrading than Energy Australia did, but look what we've got now! Ditto Souths- Redfern needs to become more than a training ground once more, that's where their spiritual home is and I bet anything that the clear majority of both teams' fans would rather return to those grounds than have to treck out to some neutral ground every second weekend.

Razor

Coach
Knightmare said:
Souths- Redfern needs to become more than a training ground once more, that's where their spiritual home is and I bet anything that the clear majority of both teams' fans would rather return to those grounds than have to treck out to some neutral ground every second weekend.

Souths want to go back to Redfern but the council won't approve an upgrade to the stadium.

The biggest problems are that either the Clubs don't want to spend their precious money on upgrades or the council's wont approve upgrades, which to me is total and utter sh*te, as it would bring so much to the local councils! Look at EA, they get sooooo many people there each game and the surrounding buisness' do a fortune after the games! But still there should be better grounds than going to Telstra, Aussie or any of them, seriously, as a few people have previously stated!

Latest posts