What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanent Thursday Night footy

Band On The Run

Juniors
Love it :thumn:thumn:thumn:thumn:thumn

NRL on a winner here

Only downside is it starts a bit early, but really is just another reason why we need to get Daylight Saving

--Storm--

Juniors
1 x Thursday

2 x Friday

1 x Saturday afternoon

2 x Saturday night

2 x Sunday afternoon

NO MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY

hellteam

First Grade
Thursday night is the go. But I think 8pm is too late. It's been 7pm in Brisbane and it's been great. Should be 7/730 at latest

Scrap Monday keep Thursday night

Band On The Run

Juniors
Thursday night is the go. But I think 8pm is too late. It's been 7pm in Brisbane and it's been great. Should be 7/730 at latest

Scrap Monday keep Thursday night

It will be 7.45pm both states once Daylight saving ends

My uni lecture finishes around 7pm so I missed the first few mins this week and last week but love having a live game thurs and fri night instead of having a delayed game full of ads at 9.30pm friday (which I never bothered with)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only problem I have with Thursday night is that it makes me think it's Friday night and then I realise I have to work the next day :?

carcharias

Immortal
Only about a million x better than Monday .
It's done and dusted at a normal time
No worries today.
More footy tonight , tomorrow and Sunday
That's all we need.

What is there to not like?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The only problem I have with Thursday night is that it makes me think it's Friday night and then I realise I have to work the next day :?

haaha i've got the same issue. 1st world problems :lol:

thursdays will work ratings wise but i'll be interested in how badly it affects crowd numbers over the seasons

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Great way to bring in the weekend. Fridays are always best days of the work week, so its nice to start the vibe early.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like it, don't love it, but its something I will get used to. When you're in a tipping comp, you're so used to putting your tips in on the Friday.

However when you think about a lot of people do tend to take the Friday off so it makes more sense putting on a Thursday night game.

I think the Monday night game is still a good idea, but not every week, especially when sometimes the game itself wouldn't encourage fans to go to the game or watch it on TV for that matter.

However Thursday is a better option. Generally those games would be a good fixture.

Incorrect

Coach

I used to have the same issue... So I quit my job.... No more issue!! Except I'm behind on my mortgage payments and my family are starving.... but Thursday night footy rocks so you know, every cloud and all that!!

POPEYE

Coach
That's a thought, if we had Thursday night footy the whole year we could leave Origin until after the cup's been decided

undertaker

Coach
Much prefer Thursday nights over Mondays, but the NRL shouldve never agreed to regular 5-day rounds this season, nor the stupid Friday 6pm timeslot next year.