What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry re-signs with Knights

northey

First Grade
Northey - I appreciate you are a fan of Todd's, but the club needs to get to a stage where they need to make decisions on players who are "triers" - whether they are going to cut it or they aren't. How many more years does Todd need?

i wouldn't say i am a fan, but i think he has it in him..

Hurriflatch

Referee
I do feel sorry for Knights fans they don't deserve people (was going to say something else but this is a family forum) like Perry at the club

however,

JM: To call Leyroyd-Lars a nuffie would be like calling Kade Snowden a nuffe.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Let's hope he doesn't add a layer of cream and jam to the spongecake now he's set for a couple of years.

roopy

Referee
Big props are rare as hens teeth.
Perry isn't the best, but he is a powerful prop, and they arn't easy to find.
Next season we may find White and Snowden pushing him out of the side, but we might not, so it is good to have him signed.

RABK

Referee
thuganomics said:
I said that last time he signed a contract...

Lets hope 2nd time lucky

He last signed a contract in 2003. He was in great form then so why were you asking him to repay the faith then?

Nuffy

Bench
Lets get a couple of old hard heads to work with him and mentor him.

Smith, Chief and Mal (if he is coming to the club) should make him their pet project.

Now he re-signed, we need a plan to maximise our returns. ^The plan should start tomorrow.

Gene Krupa

Referee
For all the Perry lovers!

sponge%20cake.jpg

Ben

Bench
I dont think the club had any other option than signing Perry. Imagine if we had no Perry next year, maybe we will have less penalties per game but our prop ranks will be severely depleted. Without Perry would mean that Davico and Woolnough would start, and the two prop of the bench would probably be Tolar and White.

If we could resign Smith it still would've meant that Tolar would be in our 17 and imo, he simply does not cut it. I'm hoping that we can resign Smith, which will seriously create a much better forward pack

chinorocks

Juniors
I don't think Smith will be re-signed.

Hopefully Snowden can step up and be prop number 4 next season.

If not Reynoldson and Simmo can play prop at a pinch.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
snapper said:
Spewin. As a few have already said, he's lazy, and also a liability because he offers nothing in the way of mobility in defense and manages to give away stupid penalties week in week out. I think you'd find that if the Cowboys were going to sign him it would have been a rock bottom price. It was just a negotiating tool to up his contract with the Knights.

Even if he does turn his form around, we''l never get the last 2 yrs of bludging back. And players shouldn't be rewarded for that.

Reports were saying that the Cowboys were offering around the 230,000 mark. Thats not rock bottom.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Neither does Newton, but he has the determination of a champion. Lowrie has shown nothing yet.

Absolute bullsh*t. Newton is a better player than Perry, and will be for the forseeable future. Why? Because not only does he have the talent, but his head isn't stuck up his own ass, which does a lot for your ability to play football.

Perry was 'damn awesome' on Sunday? Please. He wasn't even in our top five performers. Those honours go to Smith, Buderus, Mullen, Newton, and Johns. Even then, I'd rate Quigley ahead of him. He was 'better than usual' but hardly worth the $200,000 a year our inept management seem intent on throwing at him.

He took a $30,000 pay decrease for two years of sh*thouse performances. Way to send a message to the others.

If Perry fires up, I'll be the first to pay him his due. That said, there's not much incentive to improve your game when you play like tripe for two years and still get a $200,000 a year deal. Smith has been infinitely better value, on substantially less.

Latest posts