What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry re-signs with Knights

aqua_duck

Coach
borat said:
In other words it aint ever going to happen. They might as well offered him a million under those conditions
The point is even if they have to pay him the 220k a year for him playing 22 games and cracking origin, well I'd happily pay 220k a year for one of my origin stars to play 22 games a year.

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Burgundy said:
Come on a 50k gamble, what if he doesnt make the provision that you made in the contract??? that money wont then be used, when you are trying to fit 25 players under a 3.3m salary cap and you have to leave 50k space incase one player does or does not get suspended is just dumb. The Knights can use the money more wisely than to gamble it on a player.
Well if he doesn't achieve as we would hope then we get another 50k to spend the year after. ALso surely you'd pay an extra 50k for a motivated player then a slouch.

antonius

Coach
Saw Perry on TV last Night (what a crack up) wait till you see his new haircut!!!, He's got a Carl Webb style, looks ridiculous. I suppose he figures he might as well try and look like him, cause he sure don't play like him.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
Saw Perry on TV last Night (what a crack up) wait till you see his new haircut!!!, He's got a Carl Webb style, looks ridiculous. I suppose he figures he might as well try and look like him, cause he sure don't play like him.

Maybe he'll have the Sharks forwards laughing so hard they'll be unable to tackle... interesting tactic.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Well if he doesn't achieve as we would hope then we get another 50k to spend the year after. ALso surely you'd pay an extra 50k for a motivated player then a slouch.

Sure im willing to pay motivated players more than ordinary players thats what you need as a club but my problem is not so much with the idea of paying someone a bonus if they reach a target its the massive amount of salary cap space that you are willing to gamble on one player.

Im sure that your example is used by many clubs but you have to think that 50k for one player is alot of money to be left to chance. The Knights admin should have held firm and given Perry the 'take it or leave it' offer of a reported 170k and maybe negotiate small bonuses for targets meet.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
northey said:
ahh but lowrie tries. and he will be great, but i am not even going to bother JM, when ever i voice my opinion you disagree with what ever i say... so i won't bother

If lowrie tries, he better try harder.

antonius

Coach
aqua_duck said:
They should've given him instead of a 200k deal probably a 250k deal on the proviso that he does not get suspended and cracks the NSW origin team or at the very least country origin team again.
The Raiders signed Learoyd Lahrs on a 220k deal provided he plays 22 games a year and cracks the qld origin team within 3 years.
It seems you were right on the money Aqua, reported in Tooheys column today that he signed for $170,000, with an incentive of $50,000 if he makes the Blues team in the two years his deal runs for. Also said Abes has been offered a one year deal, with a second year option.

antonius said:
It seems you were right on the money Aqua, reported in Tooheys column today that he signed for $170,000, with an incentive of $50,000 if he makes the Blues team in the two years his deal runs for. Also said Abes has been offered a one year deal, with a second year option.

Just what they should have done. Thank goodnes they got their contracts right for once. A performance based incentive. He is lucky to be on $170k with or without performaing but IF he is of S.O.O Standard he would be worth paying the $220k.

Excellent Contract

aqua_duck

Coach
And if he doesn't perform we get an extra 50k added on to next year's cap, but more importantly it gives Perry motivation to perform. A firing fit Perry would improve the team significantly.

macavity

Referee
A firing fit Perry would improve the team significantly

But a Perry On Fire would be even better - imagine it, no one would want to tackle him cause they might get burnt, we could save on the lighting at EAS for night games by using him as a sort of bonfire, and he would burn for ages like a big tallow candle...

eddo

Juniors
macavity said:
.... and he would burn for ages like a big tallow candle...

biggrin.gif
:D:D

Latest posts