What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Reds Super League Jersey

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheers Nuke, I hadn;t seen any of the old pics of players wearing a Telstra cup shirt so wasn;t sure where it came in.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm kinda surprised I knew this myself, given my hatred of 'that' competition and all it stood for at the time!

beave

Coach
Telstra Cup was SuperLeague's competition name. Probably not co-incidental that it was called this, as the ARL had the Optus Cup in 1996 and 1997. Initially, SuperLeague's jerseys were logoless (except for that god-awful 'S' on the front & Nike's 'tick' logo), but as the season progressed, these Telstra Cup badges began appearing. I'm guessing Telstra wanted some visual representation on the jerseys of the commitment they were making.

aaaaaah, I disagree a little bit there mate, a few SL teams had sponsors on their jerseys, we had XXXX on our jersey and Chill Milk on the sleeves (these sponsors were worn on our ARL jerseys as well).
6d12a711.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Sorry mate, yeah you're right. When I posted that, I was more thinking along the lines of the badges (competition badge, club logo, ect) as opposed to sponsors logos, but yes, you're right. I believe the Perth Reds SuperLeague team were sponsored in their latter stages by Western QBE as major sponsor, and I think they, along with most of the rest of the SuperLeague teams, had Ansett Australia as sleeve sponsors (I'm guessing they sponsored the SuperLeague competition ... again probably not co-incidental given QANTAS was with the ARL at the time).

Falkhead

Juniors
A team signed 1997 Perth reds jersey has come into my possession and was wondering how much it is worth and who would be interested in buying it?

There was one on there the other day that had reached $600 or so and I don't think it was even signed. Must have been a match worn one or something.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 95-96 jerseys tend to sell for $75-150 depending on size and condition. the 1997 jerseys were selling for up to $400 as they were rare but the WARL has found a box full of decent/new conditions ones they are flogging for $30 each so that ebay price will be dramatically affected. A signed jersey (especially if by all team and if 1995 first squad) is the most valuable but surprised if it fetches more than $500 unframed.

Latest posts