What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Supporters

Gaz's Girl

Juniors
Does anyone know if there is a Dragons supporters club in Perth? I've recently moved here so would be nice to find some other saints spastics to watch footy with this season (and get away from that other football code this state is obsessed with). I know there is a Souths Supporters club....they have managed to get their own car number plates made up!! Surely Dragons supporters can do the same!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You should start your own GG.

We have one or two forum members who are Saints supporters in Perth. Smithtown Saint lives over there. If you contact the Joondalup Giants RLFC, there may be a vague Dragons connection there - emphasis on vague, but it could be a start.

jargan83

Coach
Gday Gaz's Girl I too live in Perth

Have thought about starting a Perth based group in the past but had no idea where to start.

I asked Department of Transport about licence plates when I popped in last week to pick some stuff upfor my Rec Skippers Ticket - for team plates you need a supporters group

Dragonwest

Juniors
Hey Gaz's girl!!

I'm born n bred in Perth. If your looking for places to watch channel 9 games both the North Beach league club and South Perth club are always showing games. The Paddington Ale House in Mount Hawthorn is a sweet pub that shows them too. I often see a red n white jumpers or polos there, really good place to be come finals time.

You'll find most pubs around will show the fox games on small screens, just don't expect many to understand what your watching :)

I always make it to the pre season warm up games when SGI come to perth but a supporters club would be tops.

Count me in if it goes ahead

Cheers

Gaz's Girl

Juniors
Thanks guys! Great response. We should start a supporters club and give the South supporters here some competition. Even tee up a get together with their group when its Saints V Souths eg. charity shield!!!

Let's do it! Where do we start???

I hear there was going to be a promo match between Saints and Storm this year - any news on that????

jargan83

Coach
I hear there was going to be a promo match between Saints and Storm this year - any news on that????

That got scrapped because it could not be worked into the pre-season schedule due to the WCC.

I will take a WCC anyday over a nothing pre season game

HullKR

Juniors
Wish I'd found this site earlier! After seeing Sailor promoting the pre-season game on the WA Reds site, I went in seach of the date and tickets on the web. Two hours later (and not finding anything on the game) I finally find this thread. Shame WARL couldn't organise another game when they knew that the Dragons would be in the WCC. Are they really serious about getting a franchise for 2013?! It would be great if they could bring 3 or 4 games throughout the season over here. Thanks guys for the info.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
take it from a dragons supporter in melbourne..

if you can't find a club, start one yourself..

MBDS started out with group getting together and finding a pub to watch the game.. it doesn't matter how big the group is, hell if you start with just two of you, it's still a group :)

it looks like you have the group already on here..

so, here are the steps i would recommend:

• pick a pub that is easily accessible, and will give you access to a tv..
  • foxtel games are a good start as most pubs will have fox.. ideally you want to look around for pubs that have "imparja" which is a NT/northern QLD satellite feed which allows you to see FTA games live..
  • have everyone rock up wearing some kind of dragons attire - it makes you feel more at home, and you'd be surprised the number of closet dragons fans you'll meet..
  • continue doing the above week after week, and you'll be able to build your group quite quickly..
this is the forumla for our success.. we started out with only 6 people after posting a similar notice on a forum.. we now have over 300 members, and get around 40 people per game.. most of the pubs now give us our own function room each week..

albert

Juniors
I have lived in Perth for nearly 16 years,followed the Dragons forever.It would be great to get a supporters club going over here.My nephew is a member of the Souths supporters club and they go over to Sydney to watch the charity shield and have christmas partys witch they bring over Reggie rabbit for the kids.I hope that maybe that something can happen for us Dragons fans in the west.http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I have foxtel so it is a little bit easier for me to watch the games.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
guys (and gal) it sounds like there is the need for a supporters group over there..

a group is made up of people.. nothing else.. you don't need anything fancy..

make the step and book in a time to watch the first game at a pub and let it go from there....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
By my count there are four or five Perth Dragons supporters in this thread alone.

Sounds like you've the basis of a supporter group there. All you guys have to do is start talking in this thread or use the Private Message function. And pick a club or pub to meet where you can watch Saints play.

And to any wag who says five isn't a group, it's one more than the Beatles. And they did alright.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And to any wag who says five isn't a group, it's one more than the Beatles. And they did alright.

they did alright... but they weren't the same after Abs left..

51QcZhIv3ML.jpg