What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peru to Face Uruguay this Sunday

adamkungl

Immortal
It's unfortunate that it clashes with the Parra game - but it'll be a good afternoon of footy if anyone wants to come down.
Peruvian and Uruguayan food tracks, dancers, drummers and latino tunes.

latingringo101

Juniors
Uruguay got further in the Latino 9s last Saturday so it will be interesting to see if they can follow it up this Sunday. Peru will be looking to avenge their loss to Uruguay and i'm sure will be looking for a victory.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm the Vice President of the Uruguay Rugby League in Sydney.
I've recently reformed the organisation after a period of inactivity.

Also I played in the centres for this game and was given a solid reminder of why I don't play Rugby League anymore. Very very sore 2 days later

Close, tough game and if most of our bench didn't bail for various reasons in the days before the game we could have had a win.

The Latin Heat 9s and this game were Uruguay's first outings since 2017. The organisation is working to a long term plan for the first time and there will be bigger and better things to come. Playing heritage games in Sydney is merely a starting point, not the goal.
We have to have an organisation registered in Montevideo before we can progress anywhere with the RLIF - fair enough - that's our next target. 2020 should be an interesting year in South America.

Keep an eye out.

Also a shout out to the Peru organisers. The quality of the event (DJs, Peruvian and Uruguayan entertainment, food trucks) was of a higher standard than any park footy game and most minnow internationals i've been to, and the number of attendees (looked like a few hundred, not bad considering it clashed with the Eels semi final) was really promising for 2 obscure nations out in Campbeltown.
Nations with a lot more money and time behind them could learn a thing or two!