What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Doust about Dragons' future

Father Ted

First Grade
Should have been done weeks ago. How come it takes so long for Douost to finalise deals?

Too busy focusing on his "organic growth".

Thats one of my biggest gripes with Peter, I am quite aware there is due process's but imo he takes too long to get things done. From signing and retaining Players all the way to getting the season passes mailed.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Thats one of my biggest gripes with Peter, I am quite aware there is due process's but imo he takes too long to get things done. From signing and retaining Players all the way to getting the season passes mailed.

His manager would be hawking Dugan to all and sundry. The longer it delays the more Dragons would pay

Twenty10

Juniors
I see another Moltzen saga happening. Fmd don't these gronks ever learn?

No not this time. Dugan is done and dusted. Will sign for 4 years. Dragons will chase half back and 2 forwards. I think the below players will be cut: prior, weyman, Stanley (chase).

blacksafake

First Grade
No not this time. Dugan is done and dusted. Will sign for 4 years. Dragons will chase half back and 2 forwards. I think the below players will be cut: prior, weyman, Stanley (chase).

I hope prior will sign but as for the others if you are right why then is he persisting with chase instead of blooding somebody?

nrlnrl

First Grade

Spot on re Dugan, will happen after Origin series.

nrlnrl

First Grade
did anyone just get the red v email, just the first paragraph,

You ? our Red V Members are the lifeblood of our Club and the money you contribute is essential in supporting the team and ensuring the playing squad can compete in such a competitive NRL environment.

peter must be reading these forums.

only after one of the lackeys collects all the relevant input

SAP58

Juniors
No doubt Mr Doust will enjoy a Chardonnay or two tomorrow thinking he deserves it, problem is he is a protected species & irrespective of what happens his job is safe.

Mr Red

First Grade
It's no secret The nrl have an agenda of expansion of the game, with areas such as Perth, Central Coast nsw, Central QLD and a second NZ team on the cards in the near future. Depending on how quickly they develop the game, PNG perhaps longer term options .
The only way to do this is to continue to reduce the number of Sydney teams, with those teams without a decent home ground and lack of success and finances in recent times high on the radar as prime candidates to either merge or disappear ..
We have already become nomads and success deprived for three years....... Just saying we need to tread very carefully the next 2 to 3 seasons.... Could be a candidate to disappear...

nrlnrl

First Grade
No doubt Mr Doust will enjoy a Chardonnay or two tomorrow thinking he deserves it, problem is he is a protected species & irrespective of what happens his job is safe.

Here's one of those guessing competitions

_oust _oust

The Nick

Bench
It's no secret The nrl have an agenda of expansion of the game, with areas such as Perth, Central Coast nsw, Central QLD and a second NZ team on the cards in the near future. Depending on how quickly they develop the game, PNG perhaps longer term options .
The only way to do this is to continue to reduce the number of Sydney teams, with those teams without a decent home ground and lack of success and finances in recent times high on the radar as prime candidates to either merge or disappear ..
We have already become nomads and success deprived for three years....... Just saying we need to tread very carefully the next 2 to 3 seasons.... Could be a candidate to disappear...

LOL yes I'm sure the NRL's plan for expansion involves removing one of it's most supported and world recognized brands.

Mr Red

First Grade
LOL yes I'm sure the NRL's plan for expansion involves removing one of it's most supported and world recognized brands.

wake up mate.. they turfed souths previously. Manly/Norths merger.. tigers/magpies merger..
even us and Steelers...

they dont care about history if it stands in the way of progress... sad but true..
the guys running the game have no room for sentiment - they arent "football" people.. they are businessmen..
its about TV rights and maximizing the exposure the game gets nationally in order to create a "product" that can be shown on TV every day of the week... and to do that they need more teams outside of sydney..

its your stupid mentality on relying on our history and "brand" that's got the dragons partly into this mess we are in at the moment.. it breeds lazy management..

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
From what I can see not one of the key performance indicators outlined in last years review anaylsis, which we were told would get the Dragons back to the top of the competition, has been met this year. In addition the coaches milestone target of winning 8 out of the last 14 matches to get to 28 points was not met either.

I think it is encumbent on the club to report honestly with members on what has been achieved this year in terms of the performance targets that were set at the end of last season...what areas have improved, what have not...and why haven't the targets been met, which is the most important aspect.

Even McGregor in his press conference yesterday was making excuses, the most notable in my mind was that we have a very young side and were missing some senior leadership on the field yesterday. That's the biggest cop out ever....I think we have 1 player in the backs under 23..the rest are seasoned internationals and state of origin players. Similarly with the forwards...Merrin SOO, De Belin been in first grade 3-4 seasons, Frizzel..played for Wales???, etc etc

Unless these guys are honest and acknowledge/ understand where the problems are, they have no hope of fixing things..

Latest posts