What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Canard

Immortal
No I said victoria won’t produce many nrl players and we shouldn’t waste millions on this

and given the lack of islander and kiwis down there whatever players we do produce are going to struggle to make it

Afl has spent 200 million trying to get islanders in western Sydney to play afl. And it’s gone down the sink
Have you been to a Storm game? If you think there is no PI or Kiwis in their fanbase then you are dreaming.

And you think there not a large community of PI or Kiwis in Melbourne, you are either trolling or an ignorant twat.

Wb1234

Referee
Have you been to a Storm game? If you think there is no PI or Kiwis in their fanbase then you are dreaming.

And you think there not a large community of PI or Kiwis in Melbourne, you are either trolling or an ignorant twat.
Who said their fan base

learn how to read

Iamback

Coach
So you think a schoolboy competition should be credited as NRL junior development, because NRL scouts turn up to the event?

15 or 16 year olds being turned into NRL players isn't NRL Development?

Warriors ran a few National trials to fill their squad, They can do that stuff on the ground that won't happen if ran from Sydney

Iamback

Coach
That’s the job of NRL Victoria. It has an administration team based in Melbourne and DOs and others who do precisely this. They are in a strong relationship with the Storm and all comps are now identified under the Storm banner. The game is getting stronger there with new clubs and competitions forming. I’m working with them on a process for restarting the game in Tassie.

Yep them running their own SG Ball and Flegg team is great. Victoria Thunderbolts didn't have the same feel and no control for the Storm

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really though, NRL Clubs have been developing the talent for 100 years. It works so is no need to change anything.

Who knows how best to attack the Melbourne market. Someone in Melbourne or in a head office in Sydney?
err someone in the head office of NRLVic who is interested in more than just producing 2-3 first grade players every year which is what the Storm are interested in.
Has it worked for 100 years? Has the games participation and reach changed massively in that time? Sure its worked for the NRL clubs, well sometimes-sometimes not, but has it really worked for the 'game'? The limitations of the current model of being at the whim of NRL clubs/LC's for participation responsibility seems to be more limiting than enabling. At least Shane Richardson thought so.

Pneuma

First Grade
No I said victoria won’t produce many nrl players and we shouldn’t waste millions on this

and given the lack of islander and kiwis down there whatever players we do produce are going to struggle to make it

Afl has spent 200 million trying to get islanders in western Sydney to play afl. And it’s gone down the sink

85000 kiwis and 35000 pacifika in Melbourne and surrounding districts. Especially out West. Plenty of league and union players available out of that lot.

Wb1234

Referee
You're a clown if you think that your claim is a reason not to grow or great game, or even remotely factually correct
There was a schoolboys trial in png a few months ago not a single Aussie scout showed up

nz still isn’t being tapped to it’s potential

but you think spending tens of millions in Victoria will be the solution to growing playing depth

we haven’t even come close to developing actual areas who can produce an almost unlimited amount of nrl players

it seems you think producing one Victorian nrl player when for the same money we can produce 50 elsewhere seems crazy to me

just so we can feel secure that we got one from afl

Iamback

Coach
85000 kiwis and 35000 pacifika in Melbourne and surrounding districts. Especially out West. Plenty of league and union players available out of that lot.

Who is better to engage with them than the Storm?

This is where clubs are the ones better to get involved

Iamback

Coach
It’s a partnership but ultimate accountability lies with NRL Victoria staff. It’s a good system though.

So it should, Storm don't need to waste time doing school programs. They can though train NRL Victoria to run out and do it

Canard

Immortal
There was a schoolboys trial in png a few months ago not a single Aussie scout showed up

nz still isn’t being tapped to it’s potential

How is any of that related to Victoria? Like even tangentially related?

These untapped resources could be developed now, an NRL team is irrelevant to that issue.

As an aside can you name me 50 PNG NRL players? Can you name me 5 PNG players?

Wb1234

Referee

These untapped resources could be developed now, an NRL team is irrelevant to that issue.

I can name more png nrl players than I can from Victoria which is my point

the point is the storm can do most of the development and it’s fine for the state

Wb1234

Referee

I mean a qld origin captain was actually from png!

Latest posts