What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doesn't the AFL own Marvel (Docklands)? Does the NRL want to deal with the AFL?

The problem with Vic, SA and WA is none of those states has a suitable large rectangular stadium to host a magic round. AAMI Park is the largest at just 30,000.

At the moment, the NRL is in round 15, whilst the AFL is up to round 13. Perhaps the best time to stage a magic round in the non heartland states is early in the season in round 2.

Venues like MCG, Adelaide Oval and Optus could be available. Or in Melbourne's case, split the games up between the MCG and AAMI Park.
In Perth you could play the Friday night games at hbf park and the sat/sun games at optus. It’d need some cooperation from the afl which might be problematic.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Plenty are, be it crowds, tv audiences, revenue, come growth, participation numbers, deals etc. generally it’s a good idea to keep your eye on your nearest competitor to see how thyey are performing,

if you aren’t good for you, don’t read those posts lol. No one’s forcing you And no one gives a f**k if you’re not interested in them.
You gave enough of a f**k to reply with 2 paragraphs of drivel.

I'm sure there's a forum for other codes where you post your shit with like minded mouth breathers. Post there and then rugby league fans won't have to filter through the spam here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You gave enough of a f**k to reply with 2 paragraphs of drivel.

I'm sure there's a forum for other codes where you post your shit with like minded mouth breathers. Post there and then rugby league fans won't have to filter through the spam here.
Or you could just stop posting sht that’s nothing to do with rl and all to do with me, living in your head rent free as always.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Or you could just stop posting sht that’s nothing to do with rl and all to do with me, living in your head rent free as always.
You first quoted my post that had nothing to do with you and was not a reply to you. Go back and think about who's living in who's head numbnuts.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You first quoted my post that had nothing to do with you and was not a reply to you. Go back and think about who's living in who's head numbnuts.
I’ll take your advice and add you to my ignore list. You can shout at clouds all you like now.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You clearly since you cry constantly in this thread because people are posting about something you don't want to read.
Who's crying? Is this not a rugby league forum? Do I not have the right to point out wankers posting about other codes at every opportunity in a rugby league forum?

And why are you replying to my posts anyway?

Maximus

Coach
Who's crying? Is this not a rugby league forum? Do I not have the right to point out wankers posting about other codes at every opportunity in a rugby league forum?

And why are you replying to my posts anyway?

You are crying about NRL fans comparing a deal with an identical thing in AFL purely because it mentions AFL. And Perth Red hadn't posted at all about the topic, so don't pretend it's just about him.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You are crying about NRL fans comparing a deal with an identical thing in AFL purely because it mentions AFL. And Perth Red hadn't posted at all about the topic, so don't pretend it's just about him.
So, are you married to this guy? Why do you care?

jim_57

Staff member
I don't think a full round of fixtures in a non-League area is ever going to be a sustainable thing. And would struggle to attract crowds over the whole weekend.

I think event games are a better option, or a double header.

I agree I think it would struggle in Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide over a whole weekend. It may not be a catastrophic failure but almost certainly wouldn’t pack out the stadium for the whole weekend. Auckland could work.

Double & Triple headers would make more sense, essentially a “Magic day” with the local team headlining if there is one.

Pneuma

First Grade
You clearly since you cry constantly in this thread because people are posting about something you don't want to read.
Good to see your massive ego hasn’t interfered with your capacity for ill judging others who are annoyed by this sites biggest asshole.

Maximus

Coach
Good to see your massive ego hasn’t interfered with your capacity for ill judging others who are annoyed by this sites biggest asshole.

The egotistical ones are the people like you and alwaysgreen who whinge and moan constantly and demand people only talk about the things you want to talk about.

Latest posts