What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Peter V'landys vows to bring back all three grades on footy game day.

big hit!

Bench
There is no point bringing back all 3 grades on the same day if they are going to have a 45 minute gap between each game.

This is a good point. Using the Souths hosting Wests Tigers/Magpies day at Stadium Australia.

12:30pm - NSW Cup vs Magpies
3pm - Flegg vs Tigers
5:30pm- NRL vs Tigers

If you did arrive for the 12:30pm start, you'd be at the ground for 7 hours.

Not to mention the pitch is beginning wear/yellow and we're only in April. I think Souths have played at least one of Flegg or Cup or both before their Fri, Sat, Sun home NRL matches this year. Bulldogs even had an SG Ball game curtain-raiser to their Storm match last week. Rugby League isn't soccer. It wears the turf quite a bit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While I understand COVID hasn't made things straightforward, I thought I'd revisit this as we hit the halfway mark of the season.

Through 12 rounds, including today at Bluebet, we have had just five triple headers; and one of them wasn't even Flegg-Cup-NRL (Wests v Titans had Massey Cup & Womens Premiership).

There's only three scheduled for June in the draw.

So much for he will do “whatever it takes” and that “anyone that gets in the way will get run over”...

Perth Red

Post Whore
While I understand COVID hasn't made things straightforward, I thought I'd revisit this as we hit the halfway mark of the season.

Through 12 rounds, including today at Bluebet, we have had just five triple headers; and one of them wasn't even Flegg-Cup-NRL (Wests v Titans had Massey Cup & Womens Premiership).

There's only three scheduled for June in the draw.

So much for he will do “whatever it takes” and that “anyone that gets in the way will get run over”...

he loves a great sound bite but when it comes to the reality it is usually somewhat different.

Latest posts