What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Poor comparison.

Gillette is in only his second year of first grade. The expectations are far less than on Wallace. Think about who is getting paid a sh!t load more.

Oh, and Gillette (and Hoffman for that matter) managed to shine in a team that were beaten in the forwards last season. Which was one of your excuses as to why Wallace was allowed to play well under par last season.

Not saying that Wallace is a bad player. Just saying he needs to do more given his pay packet and seniority.

Gillett by his own admission was ordinary in the 2nd half of last season

NFI

Juniors
Welcome back Wallace, Great game last night, Yep that was only one game but I hope the haters took note, and didn't just toss it aside like other people's points

skaines

Juniors
Looks like he has turned the corner, great to see him improving,.

1 game and its turned the corner?

I agree he had a good game, until he has a few games in a row of games like last night, He hasnt improved.

He has been inconsistent.

Good 1 week, next week you would like him put down.

Jake2194

Juniors
wallace certainly looks to be up himself, but hes a great player when he is on his game, hes definitely better than most halves going around these days...

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about being up himself. If anything I thought he lacked confidence last season and that was the biggest difference in Wallace circa 2008 and Wallaca circa 2010. Hopefully he builds on Monday's performance.

AuDragon

Juniors
Good game again, this time next to a sublime Lockyer. He seems to be gaining the confidence needed to show what he can do.
Hopefully he will get better and perform consistently from now on...

beads6

First Grade
Wallace stepping up, his kicking game has improved out of sight since the start of the year. Now all we need is for him to get his running game back.

AuDragon

Juniors
I thought he was really good along Lockyer, who showed a few times how to play from dummy half. Wallace was caught out at least 5 times with the ball in hand because of the awful service. No line of pass, but tried to make the best of it by either kicking or taking the line on, where he looked like he was going to get through a couple of times.

Seriously getting fed up with the crap service from McCullough mainly, but Hunt isn't much better to be honest!

andrew057

First Grade
I thought he was good again. Made some excellent decisions out there, which in the past hes turned into mistakes. Much improved on last season and looks to be improving each game.

Big Pete

Referee
I can only recall one ordinary kick - the grubber for Hannant that was snapped up by Barba, otherwise his kicking game was really good.

However his general play was ordinary and most of the time, it wasn't the dummy halves fault.

user_nat

Coach
His running is quite poor. It's not always the dummy half fault either, sometimes he is over run by his outside men.
.. And sometimes he simply makes poor choices.

Overall both he and Lockyer have been improved over the last few weeks.

Hooker is the real problem now.

AuDragon

Juniors
I can only recall one ordinary kick - the grubber for Hannant that was snapped up by Barba, otherwise his kicking game was really good.

However his general play was ordinary and most of the time, it wasn't the dummy halves fault.
I call BS

Big Pete

Referee
Of course you do because it's never just Wallace's fault.

Meanwhile the rest of us can acknowledge he has an impotent running game. Seriously can somebody please tell him his hop and skip isn't fooling anyone.

His passing game isn't on the level either. If he isn't throwing them forward, he's picking the wrong guy out or throwing the wrong type of pass which inevitably stalls the attack.

In one pass, Ben Hunt showed Wallace up tonight as a ball-player - and that was a pretty customary pass.