What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace

mongoose

Coach
Since Milford is all but gone to the broncos and wallace is on the outer up in Brisbane maybe we can salvage something. Whats everyone's opinion on Peter Wallace at hooker?

He's obviously got the defence for it plus he has a solid kicking game. I dont know what he would be like at hooker or if he would be willing to play there.

AceAv

Juniors
You would have to be DESPERATE to take him. NFI why the Donks kept him on for so long!! He would come up trumps week after week and we all begged the coach to put him at Hooker as we thought it would be is natural role. He jogs up to the play the ball no matter what the pace and will just stand and pass to the 1st receiver. Might make 1 run here and there.

Defensively yes and kicking yes. But who cares!!!? That's the basics of a good hooker. I would love to give a good reference for him just to see him go, but far out I feel sorry for the club that will adopt this instant headache...

Bretto

Bench
He could be a reasonable #9. He has a good long kicking game, his defence is solid enough and he could play 80 minutes.

mongoose

Coach
haha I forgot about the raiders vs broncos LU war when I posted this thread...

cheers for the genuine opinions broncos fans.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
How long is his contract with the Broncos. If we got him and the Broncos were paying most of his contract I wouldn't be too horrified but he's not very good imo.

some11

Referee
Got a contract extension til 2014 after playing ok at the start of last year, then regressed back to his usual career worst form.

Broncos seem happy to pay him whatever he's on to play QLD Cup next year, he's that shit.

DeeJ

Bench
He's a great defender and has a good kicking game like others have mentioned. He also won his NSW jersey playing hooker in the city vs country match many years ago.

However he is slow and at the moment he's not trying very hard at hooker, so those are his negatives.

gUt

Coach
imo he's not as bad as most Broncos fans seem to think. Maybe I'm wrong but he's pretty solid. Don't think he's ready to play hooker fulltime without bulking up a little more.

u4er

Juniors
I'll say everything that has pretty much been said. He generally has a good long kicking game, and is a solid defender. His 5th tackle options have generally been shithouse (not sure if due to coaching), his passing game is acceptable, though nothing special and his short kicking game is well below par. I feel he lacks vision, and is reluctant to try anything too creative. To be honest, I think playing second fiddle to Lockyer seriously messed with his development. He could probably be a decent workhorse hooker if he improved his fitness and maybe bulked up a little bit, but he's always seemed sluggish to me. I would look at signing him if I had a superstar half for him to partner, or as a utility. I've pretty much always seen him as a poor mans Jamie Soward with a much bigger heart and slightly less talent.

Latest posts