What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petero Is A Panther!

panthersballboy

Juniors
Yes great signing. Grant looks like he will be a great player and playing alongside Petero will make him an even better player.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Great signing for you guys. Well done to Panthers management, obviously knew what they were doing. as much as Petrols talent will help the team, I believe its his presence that will be of the most benefit.
He's pretty well regarded & will deinitely make the guys who have been out there for a long time & are in comfort zones lift their games.

Congrats.

mightypanther

Juniors
Ronnie Dobbs said:
Great signing for you guys. Well done to Panthers management, obviously knew what they were doing. as much as Petrols talent will help the team, I believe its his presence that will be of the most benefit.
He's pretty well regarded & will deinitely make the guys who have been out there for a long time & are in comfort zones lift their games.

Congrats.

I agree. Hopefully Tony Puletua will be one of them.

Munky

Coach
YES!!!

I couldn't give a sh*t about Clinton leaving now. Enjoy your chance to play with Petero HAHA.

Dazzat

First Grade
Petero, Puletua, Puletua, Pritchard, Priddis ... is playing in the Panthers Pack require your name to start with "P"?

Congratulations on cornering the "P" market and making the biggest signing coup in the last 10 years.

Are you getting Carlaw in a package deal?

Dazzat

First Grade
We'll give you Perry ... his name starts with P as well and its a fairdum swap with Wallace and Clinton then.

Big Mick © said:
$375,000 a year apparantly.

Thats pretty fair imo....for a top class prop

thats good value .He obviously didnt want to go to england, because he could have got more over there i would have thought.

any word on who has the option for the third year? Petero or the club?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Great News!!! Great to have some positive news for a change!!!

Personally I would have been happy if we'd got him for an extra $50 000

BxTom

Bench
And the best thing about signing Petero??

We took him right out from under the Rorters beak!!!!!

Tom.

choc_soldier

Coach
Very, very happy with the signing. The experience he will impart on our young crop of up and coming players will be invaluable, similar to what Marty Lang did a few years back.

Clinton will be pissed off though. :lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
$375,000 a year apparantly.

Thats pretty fair imo....for a top class prop
Try 425k for that price u guys will be baying for blood if he puts in a couple of sh*t house performances not worth more than 325k at his age and such a big move, anyway good luck Petero ur going to need it i think.:crazy:

The Tank

Bench
"Money wasn't the be-all and end-all of my decision," said Civoniceva.

"It was discussion with my family about where our best interests were and we're looking forward to spending the next couple of years down there.

"Staying in Australia, obviously it keeps my head in there in terms of representative football and that's something I still love doing.

"I still cherish wearing the Maroons jersey."

"I'm just glad it's all behind us now and we can move on.

"I'm just really excited about the opportunity (with Penrith).

"They've got a lot of great young players down there and with my experience, hopefully I can help them in their careers moving forward."

I like his attitude. Hopefully he can retains his rep spots.

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/5895/Default.aspx