What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition for live games

He guys, i want to make a petition for having a Sunday afternoon game at 3pm live instead 4pm delayed. Also Monday night game moves to Saturday afternoon at 3pm live as well.

Whos with me about this?

Matt

OldSkoolSaint

Juniors
I'd prefer two Sunday games Live but not a midday kickoff. Similar to the AFL format.

Live Sunday at 2pm (pay TV) then Live Twilight game say 4pm (free to air).

I do enjoy the format of Monday night footy on Fox - they do provide a great night of entertainment (pity about the personalities though), but it's something that I would love to see replicated on a Sunday with a start after 1pm (when The Roast finishes) straight into pre game show and then a wrap up so we flick over into the ch 9 game (but live broadcast).

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Stupid Superleague, get rid of that. Nine should have the 2'oclock game instead of superleague, and then either postpone the 3pm game until after the 1st game and have it live, or play it slightly delayed after.

As for the monday night games, im fine with it.

Also if they really wanted the superleague they could play it at 12. Its not like its live.

AJ_82

Juniors
I am with ya, also lets make Friday nights viewers choice so you can watch whichever game you like live!

LazyDreamer

Bench
Whos with me about this?

Not channel 9, which is all that matters.

Whilst I hate it when the mighty Dragons are the channel 9 Sunday game (or the delayed Friday night game), I'll be the first to admit that Foxtel/Austar have spoiled us rotten.

Go back to the early 80s. If you weren't living in Sydney, you had to hope that your side was the ABC's Saturday game (live!). The match of the round was a one hour replay (including ads) on 7, with The Moose commentating. That was it. At least now we get to see every game at worst within a couple of hours of being played.

But good luck anyway!

mainlander 09

Juniors
Move to NZ they show both games live on Friday nights and you can watch the channel 9 game on sunday live.
The only problem is you have to live in NZ.

Doug2234

First Grade
Channel Nine dont care what the public want. They only care about what they want and at the end of the day they know that everyone will watch there Sunday game at 4pm.

Why petition for??? You dont like it dont watch! Only way for CH9 to take notice is for there viewing number to nose dive! Also if they dont delay the game they cant push in an extra 30 minutes for Advertisment!!!!

CH9 SUCKS and is ruining the game. Manipulate the game and when and who is playing when!

SN0WMAN

Juniors
I can still recall Channel 10 showing the Sunday game at 6pm finishing at 7:30pm - you were guaranteed to miss a few mins of each game shown. Mind you the final 15 mins of the telecast was MoM and other scores and the ladder.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Won't happen - the footy is a lead-in for Sunday news... surprisingly the timeslot before news is massive - even on weekdays...

Also footy TV rights are darn complicated...

dragonfan1

Juniors
Stupid Superleague, get rid of that. Nine should have the 2'oclock game instead of superleague, and then either postpone the 3pm game until after the 1st game and have it live, or play it slightly delayed after.

As for the monday night games, im fine with it.

Also if they really wanted the superleague they could play it at 12. Its not like its live.

Yeah wtf? Ch 9 like never show sport overseas if Australia isn't involved. So why Super League?:?

LazyDreamer

Bench
Had one pain in the backside aspect of the ch9 Sunday game reinforced on Sunday. Eels/Broncs at 14-all with 10-15 or whatever left. Thinking, "golden point?" Look at the time, realise well before another point is scored there will be no golden point. No way they'd mess around with or delay their 6pm news. :sto: