What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould- This was Sweet

vikingstorm

Juniors
. A lot of the Kangaroo's were saying that they have never herd of Half of this GB team.

Well they have Now.:crazy: This was Such a Sweey Sweet Victory , and Phil Gould will no doubt be in Hiding for sounding like a Prize Knob..

We in GB are Very Very happy at this Time. Very happy Indeed:D

lucablight

First Grade
I still believe Phil Gould has made alot of valid points. I don't believe he has any reason to hide.

NGR

Juniors
vikingstorm said:
. A lot of the Kangaroo's were saying that they have never herd of Half of this GB team.

Well they have Now.:crazy: This was Such a Sweey Sweet Victory , and Phil Gould will no doubt be in Hiding for sounding like a Prize Knob..

Those 'shut up gus' shirts that went round in origin should come in British, NZ and Aussie colours too...

F*ck id rather hear Richard Mercer call the game....

The Clan

Juniors
Like I've said before Gould is a sanctamoneous Pr!ck who lets his obvious racism against the English get the better of him.

When calling an International game the bloke talks like a co(k because of his biggotry and arrogance!

nqboy

First Grade
It'll be interesting to read his column tomorrow. I know I found his intro cringe-worthy, but then, I find most of his agendas cringe-worthy.

The Clan said:
Like I've said before Gould is a sanctamoneous Pr!ck who lets his obvious racism against the English get the better of him.

When calling an International game the bloke talks like a co(k because of his biggotry and arrogance!

i think to be considered a racist you must be of a different race.

while he does get stuck into british rugby league i would hardly call it racism.

Surandy

Bench
lucablight said:
I still believe Phil Gould has made alot of valid points. I don't believe he has any reason to hide.

Did you actually listen to anything Gould said during the telecast?

On a side note, gotta love all the references during the telecast to the "live" telecast that we were seeing. Which started at 9:30pm in Melbourne, they should be sued for false advertising!

lucablight

First Grade
Surandy said:
Did you actually listen to anything Gould said during the telecast?

On a side note, gotta love all the references during the telecast to the "live" telecast that we were seeing. Which started at 9:30pm in Melbourne, they should be sued for false advertising!

Yes did you?

dazza1976

Juniors
vikingstorm said:

:thumb

Stranger

Coach
The Clan said:

What racism are you talking about exactly?
:lol:

What Biggotry?

He thinks the Poms arent as good as the aussie team, and so do i despite the scoreline tonight.

Wait, am i a racist because of these views? :?

The Clan

Juniors
Stranger said:
What racism are you talking about exactly?
:lol:

What Biggotry?

He thinks the Poms arent as good as the aussie team, and so do i despite the scoreline tonight.

Wait, am i a racist because of these views? :?

Having listened to many of his commentaries and read a lot of his articles my only conclusion is that the bloke has a hatred for the English. An Australian saying the things he says about the English with such vitriol and regularity can only be surmised as racism.

If I as an Englishman spoke of Pakistani's in the same tone and terms and with equal regularity I would be branded a racist.

Gould also fits the definition of a bigot, due to his aggressive manner of communicating his opinions on the subject of the English. Very often he has neither basis nor fact to back up his statements yet he persists in his attacks even in the face of contrary & factual information.

Therefore IMO he is both a Bigot and a racist.

What sets him apart from most of the rest of us is his public profile yet he abuses the privileges that his media position affords him.

In summary!

The Bloke is a sanctimonious Bigoted, racist Pr!ck!

WJ

Juniors
Phil Gould said we wouldn't win a game this series and that we would be thrashed.

He was wrong.

It isn't the first time, and it sure as h*ll won't be the last.

If i ever met him i imgine i would just boot him up the balls then elbow him across the head.

Stranger

Coach
Can you give us an example or a quote?

Remember he is making his opinion on the teams at hand. If he thinks the poms are lacking in an area he expresses it.

He hasn't said any racist remarks and nothing to be branded a bigot IMO.

And if you don't like his aggressive nature of communicating his opinions, you haven't really seen him commentate very often. Gus talks like that no matter what he is talking about, Poms, Kiwis, Aussies or an NRL team.

The Clan

Juniors
Stranger said:
Can you give us an example or a quote?

Remember he is making his opinion on the teams at hand. If he thinks the poms are lacking in an area he expresses it.

He hasn't said any racist remarks and nothing to be branded a bigot IMO.

And if you don't like his aggressive nature of communicating his opinions, you haven't really seen him commentate very often. Gus talks like that no matter what he is talking about, Poms, Kiwis, Aussies or an NRL team.

He dislikes everything about the English, Period!
You're entitled to your opinion I have no problem with that
Like I said He's a bigot!

Stranger

Coach
1. You have to re-edit that post.
2. You have nothing to backup your claims of bigotry or racism.

The Clan

Juniors
Stranger said:
1. You have to re-edit that post.
2. You have nothing to backup your claims of bigotry or racism.

1. Actualy NO! I don't have to re-edit anything.

2. There is a whole catalogue of quotes and video that will back up what I'm saying.

I am entirely satisfied that my assessment of Phil Gould is correct
Whether you think I'm right or wrong is of no concern to me, however if you want proof then go and look for it!

Stranger

Coach
90% of Poms are gay - Go and find me proof to prove otherwise? :lol:

Gus only attacks the Pommy playing ability where he sees fit. If you look back you will find him attacking AUS playing ability during matches as well. Attacking a GB team for their PLAYING ABILITY, is not racist nor is it a sign of bigotry

And about editing the post, you do. You have me quoted to saying stuff i did not say, being in bold or no bold. Thus, breaking forum rules.

The Clan

Juniors
Stranger said:
90% of Poms are gay - Go and find me proof to prove otherwise? :lol:

Gus only attacks the Pommy playing ability where he sees fit. If you look back you will find him attacking AUS playing ability during matches as well. Attacking a GB team for their PLAYING ABILITY, is not racist nor is it a sign of bigotry

And about editing the post, you do. You have me quoted to saying stuff i did not say, being in bold or no bold. Thus, breaking forum rules.

If your honest opinion is that 90% of poms are gay and you feel that your qualified to make that assumption then good luck to you!

I have clearly made my answers distinguishable from your post and only the foolish would'nt be able to see that, but just for your peice of mind I will edit the post.

Canard

Immortal
I think arrogance is the world he was looking for.

Arrogance is definitely the right word.

Latest posts