What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick up the phone Doust

_Johnsy

Referee
Worth a feeler phone call to his manager I would think.

New Zealand Warriors drop Konrad Hurrell to Auckland Vulcans

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/new-zealand-warriros-drop-konrad-hurrell-to-auckland-vulcans/story-fnbh0qn5-1226452852059

ROOKIE sensation Konrad Hurrell has been axed from the New Zealand Warriors side to play Penrith at Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday.

Hurrell appears to have paid the price for the Warriors' dismal defensive performance in last week's 52-12 thrashing at the hands of the North Queensland Cowboys.

The talented youngster was named in the centres when teams were released on Tuesday, but he has since been told he has been dropped and will line up for the Auckland Vulcans.

Hurrell had a night to forget against the Cowboys, turning the ball over twice and coming up with seven missed tackles, three of which led directly to tries.

"The coach said I made a few errors last week so I just need to go down and work on that and see how it goes for next week," Hurrell told ONE Sport New Zealand.

"I think it's right for the team and for myself as well."

Plant the seed Dousty

TheRev

First Grade
Warriors have a crapload of freakish young talent.

Thing is I wouldnt back our coach/system to harness it, a bit like Inu this year, playing terribly, then arrives at the dogs, and his power is harnessed into one of the dogs best players all season.

Its one of the things I miss about Bennett, you know hes going to get discipline from the youngens, because he is well respected.

possm

Coach

Thing is I wouldnt back our coach/system to harness it, a bit like Inu this year, playing terribly, then arrives at the dogs, and his power is harnessed into one of the dogs best players all season.

Its one of the things I miss about Bennett, you know hes going to get discipline from the youngens, because he is well respected.

Well said TheRev. I agree 100%

Godz Illa

Coach

Disagree. Our club has always been a great developer of talent even before Bennett. Price has done well this year with Vidot, for example.

But yeah, this is a pointless thread. NZ have Hurrell locked away. Just because a player is dropped doesn't mean they're suddenly looking elsewhere

Mr Red

First Grade
Disagree. Our club has always been a great developer of talent even before Bennett. Price has done well this year with Vidot, for example.

But yeah, this is a pointless thread. NZ have Hurrell locked away. Just because a player is dropped doesn't mean they're suddenly looking elsewhere

as thread says - no harm in a feeler call to the manager of Hurrell...
we can always use the possm approach and simply name Hurrell in our
"potential 2013 team" along with the other players not linked to the club in any way...

as thread says - no harm in a feeler call to the manager of Hurrell...
we can always use the possm approach and simply name Hurrell in our
"potential 2013 team" along with the other players not linked to the club in any way...

:lol: Now there's an idea....we should just name Hurrell in our squad and see if he turns up to play next year..... :lol:

Guvner

First Grade
He has been dropped from the Warriors for defensive lapses after a horror game, but we want him. Hmmm.

Mr Red

First Grade
He has been dropped from the Warriors for defensive lapses after a horror game, but we want him. Hmmm.

are you serious?
have you seen him play?
he is the next big thing mate.. only a kid so you can expect a few lapses in their first season of first grade..

but even at his young age he scores tries which no other centre is capable of scoring..
i would back him from 10m out to score ahead of anyone..

KiamaSaint

Coach

Disagree on Vidot, it took Price 2/3ths of the season to figure out he was playing on the wrong wing.

Mr Red

First Grade
Disagree on Vidot, it took Price 2/3ths of the season to figure out he was playing on the wrong wing.

yep i agree Price has done nothing positive for Vidot. the bad ball security stopped the moment Price put Vidot on his preferred right side..
took him about 5 months longer then anyone else to realise this.. and even by doing so forced the best right winger in the game to have to play out of position (TWICE)
great work super coach...

Godz Illa

Coach
Vidot was let go by Canberra for discipline issues. Price laid down the law when he slipped up early in the year, and since then he has had a strong consistent year.

Will Matthews another likely example of a player having their career rejuvenated this year. Looking forward to seeing him start tonight

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Mervyn

Must be someone else, 99.9% sure I don't know you. Unless you are the swerving variety.

Anyway, as I said give his manager a buzz and plant the seed. Tell him we are interested. he may well be unhappy in the not to distant future and ask for a release. What's the harm ? Surely we are not the hard up for cash we can't afford a $5-10 phone call.

russell border

Juniors
Mervyn

Must be someone else, 99.9% sure I don't know you. Unless you are the swerving variety.

Anyway, as I said give his manager a buzz and plant the seed. Tell him we are interested. he may well be unhappy in the not to distant future and ask for a release. What's the harm ? Surely we are not the hard up for cash we can't afford a $5-10 phone call.

Doust is on skype

Latest posts