What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your SOO 2021 Teams

Gronk

Staff member
Keaon Koloamatangi ? Honestly never heard of him.
blankstare.gif

Gazzamatta

Coach
Matto has really dropped down the pecking order and what happened to Fittler being interested in Lane?
F'n nut job is Fittler and dopey Alexander is likewise.

eels_fan

First Grade
So Holmes plays 1, Feldt debuts.

Munster is still a massive risk however and may not play, in which case Brimson is going to play 6 ( a position he's never played in the NRL) and Hess comes onto the bench which then has 4 forwards on it.

I support QLD but Green is a dope. I hope Harry Highpants strains in hammy in the first 2 mins and they have to play 78mins without a hooker.

Then i'll cheer for QLD and Mahoney at Suncorp in 3 weeks.

Noise

Coach
So Holmes plays 1, Feldt debuts.

Munster is still a massive risk however and may not play, in which case Brimson is going to play 6 ( a position he's never played in the NRL) and Hess comes onto the bench which then has 4 forwards on it.

I support QLD but Green is a dope. I hope Harry Highpants strains in hammy in the first 2 mins and they have to play 78mins without a hooker.

Then i'll cheer for QLD and Mahoney at Suncorp in 3 weeks.
He’s played 6 plenty of times. He started his career there.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/NzQtMTcxNy00LS0tLS0tMjYxNTAtLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t

[URL]https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/NzQtMTg4NC00LS0tLS0tMjYxNTAtLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t
[/URL]

eels_fan

First Grade

thanks for the stats, I wasn’t aware he had that much experience in the halves. Still don’t think he’s a rep quality half and shouldn’t be an option there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why is it unfair on Reed? They prefer Harry Grant. He played for them last year and was outstanding. Why would they drop him? It is actually a good thing they are allowing Reed to come back and play for Parra. Unfair would have been making him 19th man and then not playing for either QLD or Parra

Because Mahoney deserved a chance.

King-Gutho94

Coach
One of the reasons that souths player got called into camp as 20th man is that they have a bye.

It's more for experience generally in the past they selected 19th and 20th players from teams who had a bye.

Seeing as we have a game this week i suspect it would be pointless for one of our players to be there when they have to prepare for a game.

Mahoney is probably a different story as they weren't sure about grant and co at start of week so they brought him in case was needed

TheParraboy

Staff member
NSW are only running with one hooker too. Having Api Korisau and Cook in the 17 would have been a waste of a spot. Same with QLD.

Agree probably no room for two hookers, but difference being Cook is match fit and not coming in from injury.

Harry may be under done, Hasn't played for 3 weeks, plus it was a hammy injury he was only cleared of couple of days ago. You would assume the queen-slanders have understood this through and judged he is good to go on both fronts to play big minutes, especially with no Hunt on the bench. Brimson may play that role

I would be pissing myself senseless if he went down injured early, or was out of puff back end of game missed an easy tackle that lead to a blues try and win :D.

Eelementary

Post Whore
NSW are only running with one hooker too. Having Api Korisau and Cook in the 17 would have been a waste of a spot. Same with QLD.

There's no reason not to have a superior defender, like Mahoney, start the game, and then have Grant come off the bench to wreak some chaos.

With the new ruck interpretations, it's hardly a wasted spot to have a dummy-half who can create a spark from nothing, as well as a dumny-half who is no attacking slouch himself, but also a much stronger defender.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Harry is a great attacking player but his defence is a little suss, he hasn’t played for 3 weeks and hasn’t played 80 mins all season. If Freddy has half a brain they should be running at him all game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Harry is a great attacking player but his defence is a little suss, he hasn’t played for 3 weeks and hasn’t played 80 mins all season. If Freddy has half a brain they should be running at him all game.

And yet, Queensland are happy to not have Mahoney in the 17 as cover...

It's good for us - we get our gun little hooker back -, but it's a silly decision from Green, imo.

Latest posts