What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pies, and condiments

adamkungl

Immortal
I used to cut the lid off and put a slice of cheese in
but
these days you can just buy pre-cheesed pies
so thats good
I still go with tomato sauce on top

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Her beau likes mushy peas, so he takes some heat off, she hates peas too.

He found this place https://www.piefection.com.au/ and they make the best pies I have eaten.

So bascially to suck up to me and thus make LMA happy, he goes about once a week to get pies.

I apparently then just spoil the whole deal with soy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pies have come a long way. The change may have started with mushy peas or pepper steak, but then curry, then thai curry, then... well, dare I say... vegetarian pies.

There are some great pies to be had, but the best pies I've eaten were in a pub, by a canal, in the middle of England. I told them they must have stolen a recipe from an Australian. And they don't have tomato sauce, it's tomato ketchup. Hard to tell the difference.

So Angry, you can leave the country and still get a great pie. Tell that to your offspring.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Haydens pies at Ulladulla are probably the best pies I have had, to many varieties to list but always come back with a few family sized pies to chuck in the freezer, actually had a steak and mushroom one last night and didn't need any sauce on it.

Parra

Referee
Pie in the Sky on Bells Line of Road - Kurrajong Heights. Cash only.
Robertson Pie shop

I head to regional areas a lot for work. Bakeries in country towns are always the go to for lunch. Interesting how many of these are cash-only places. These and Asian shops in food courts are the last great hold outs against electronic transactions.

AJB1102

First Grade
I've used soy sauce in cooking the pie guts (vegemite works good too) but never as a condiment.

I'm a tomato sauce man myself but however you like your pie go for it. I think we'll all agree as long as the pie is hot and the beer is cold there won't be too many complaints.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Does it come with its own conspiracy theory?
Haha.. no, this stuff..

images

horrie hastings

First Grade
Robertson Pie shop

I must be unlucky with the Robertson pie shop, been there twice when I visit a friends farm down in Robertson, have to admit it's always been late and close to closing time so they haven't got much left but the plain meat pie and a potato one I have sampled were I thought average, not bad but nothing to rave about, have to admit there were a few on the board I wanted to try but they had sold out .

Latest posts