What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pink Panthers Jerseys - Bring back the Black

Sime_11

Juniors
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me why we have not worn our beloved Black home strip yet? I know its only 4 rounds in but please stop wearing the Pink Jersey, its not our first/home strip.

I can understand not wearing the black strip the first couple of home games
due to heat on the players etc but wearing this Pink jersey is really starting to annoy me.

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind the Pink jersey so much now but I feel it is overused these days, its a great cause for the boys to run out in Pink and support breastcancer & women in league foundations etc but can they please wear it for the rounds when those events come about.

This new logo and changes (respect the past/create the future) etc show the club is still about black being the dominant/main colour but it almost feels like we are ashamed to wear the black strip. It wont surprise me if we wore the Pink strip more than the Black strip this year and honestly this does not sit well with me

Anyone agree or am I overreacting lol?

forby

Juniors
You are overreacting!
Too hot Rd 1, Newcastle alt. strip white
Clash with storm Rd 2
Too hot Rd 3, wore white to make Dogs wear dark strip
Clash with eels Rd 4

MrAnonymous

Bench
We have had the worst time slots for games this year, with the weather.

Wearing black would be a bit geniused in 33 degree weather.

maple_69

Bench
We won't wear black for day games unless it's particularly cold I think. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up running out in pink more than black given the amount of afternoon games we have.
I'd prefer black but whatevs.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah, we've pissed around with our main jersey so much, the pink jersey is the only recognizable Panthers branding at the moment. If we had an iconic main jersey design, I may think differently on the matter, but at the moment I like the pink because it is something distinctly Panthers.

Pomoz

Bench
I love this thread. On here we are caring about the colour we play in. I feel warm inside. On the other thread, people are tearing themselves apart in a frenzy of insults over the Grant situation. Business as usual after a loss.

I love all our jerseys including the pink one. Right now we have a really good set and I hope we keep them so parents don't have to buy new ones.

For those of you who ask about the black jersey, there was an episode of Mythbusters where they tested a black car and a white car in the sun, to see if the colour black has an impact on the temperature. The difference was something like 3 degrees centigrade. In a game in the heat of autumn out at the Riff, that is the difference between winning and losing.

Pomoz

Bench
I should add, I don't know why the bloody NRl schedule games in mid afternoon in early March, its just crazy to subject players to such heat.

ACTPanthers

Bench
IMHO the Pink jersey should've stayed with the WiL round, not become our "Away" jersey - Understand that we have problems with heat in the Black but we could always wear the white one.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we asked for day games. Given our stupid draw we have all the games at the start & end of the year means we have to play in other colours. Sales wise the white is the best EVER. Shame we don't use that more.

Sime_11

Juniors
i must say tho, seeing that Retro strip for this year, no objections if we played in that for the rest of the year lol