What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piss Poor Attacking Options

_Johnsy

Referee
We have to be absolutely fugging kidding ourselves. It would appear the only attacking ploy apart from a kick by Soward is a shuffle across by our 6 or 7 and pass it back inside. Enough is Enough, this is totally sheet. :sick: :sick:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Pretty ordinary wasn't it.

Like bashing your head against a brick wall to get through. A few good passes early on, but otherwise nothing else.

captain

Juniors
For the 1st 20 mins I thought we might be on to something. Then Ryles got injured, and the whole thing turned to Jelly. Basically, this team looks like they are only capable of playing for 20mins, not 80.

God-King Dean

Immortal
We lost our way as soon as they scored their first try. The first 15 it looked like were out there just having a good time, being creative, just playing footy. We just lose our way as soon as there is a jink in the road.

Dragooner

Bench
Gz, Hornby and Young, all vital parts of our attack and all out injured! Damn ! This is a rough season. It was very, very, very ordinary. Has the 6 and 7 ever heard of a bomb, or a grubber, or even a last tackle play.We deserved to lose by 20+!

dragonfire

Bench
forget the kicking optins, where the heck is the sweeping backline movements utilising second man plays and other backline movements? As you said Immortal once we get a try or two on us its like the moral just plummets and we lose our way, have to admit Ryles not being out there hurt a little bit. Need Hornby back asap to help get our attack more structured

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The worst thing is that the effort i nthe first 20 minutes was quite good. Had we played like that all game, we would've rocked the roost quite well.

We just... lost it after that.

Southernsaint

Staff member
No-one's mentioned the set play kick on the first tackle when we had a scrum on the attacking 30m line??

Soward is kick-happy. I don't know whether it's because he's not familiar with how the outside backs wnat to play yet or whether it's the way he's coached.

Also, we have the world's smallest halves pairing. We will get monstered if it stays the same.

Father Ted

First Grade
dragonsoul said:
Has there been a worst coached dragon team ever?

When I was very young there was a Roosters team which I think didn't win a game all year . But in 50th year of life this is the weakest Dragons team I've ever seen .

_Johnsy

Referee
I'll have a crack, time to move on brownie.

My game plan would be simple.

DEFENCE

Move in a straight line with speed and fuggin smash em, let know they have been tackled. I f another player is dumb enough to run one out, like we seem to have been doing. Then three or four of you bastartds gang tackle them, and hurt them.

ATTACK
Run with the ball in hand, attack the line, and let our natural talent out wide do the rest. When kicking get long kicks and ensure a good chase. field position equates to possession, possession equates to points. And gaz more shimmies please.

WEEKLY RESULT

saints 42 - 6

Steel Dragon

Bench
dragonsoul said:
Has there been a worst coached dragon team ever?

No.

Even the Steelers weren't this bad when we got the spoon.

What is Brown hanging about for. Cant he see when its time to move on!?!?

Godz Illa

Coach
He needs to go back to 4-4-f*cking 2. Anyone seen the movie Mike Bassett: England Manager? Kinda reminds me of us this year. Funny movie.

This Year?

Immortal
Too much middle 3rd stuff which isn't working. I know the old saying goes "if you don't suceed try and try again" but it's being taken to a whole new level. Change your gameplan Browny!!! It's not much fun watching your team losing....but it's even worse when they only score 1-2 tries a game. This used to be a team that was notorious for it's try scoring ability.....

Southernsaint

Staff member
Godz Illa said:
He needs to go back to 4-4-f*cking 2. Anyone seen the movie Mike Bassett: England Manager? Kinda reminds me of us this year. Funny movie.

LMFAO, what a film.

I think Benson and Hedges could be our halves pairing next week and if we make the finals this year as Browny says I'll chuck in my job and become a bin man...

Godz Illa

Coach
hahahaha brilliant film. Anyone with even a smidgin of English soccer knowledge should watch it, and asap.