What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plasma TV help

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
Hey guys
looking at buying my first Plasma TV, am interested in the samsung 63" ps63c7000 3D tv. I am a bit worried tho with screen burn in. I am a big NRL fan so I watch every single game ever week along with soccer etc I was thinking the other night about the foxsports logo in the right hand corner that does not move and is not transperant plus it's slways there apart from a one if a tv ad every 40min, I watch super Saturday ever Saturday 2pm to 11:30pm, how eould this go on a plasma??

Anyone with a plasma here that is like me and watches loads if fox sports, do you get any burn in???

I also play loads of video games and watch movies

hope someone can help me out on what wat to go - Plasma or stick to LCD LED

Te Kaha

First Grade
Hey guys
looking at buying my first Plasma TV, am interested in the samsung 63" ps63c7000 3D tv. I am a bit worried tho with screen burn in. I am a big NRL fan so I watch every single game ever week along with soccer etc I was thinking the other night about the foxsports logo in the right hand corner that does not move and is not transperant plus it's slways there apart from a one if a tv ad every 40min, I watch super Saturday ever Saturday 2pm to 11:30pm, how eould this go on a plasma??

Anyone with a plasma here that is like me and watches loads if fox sports, do you get any burn in???

I also play loads of video games and watch movies

hope someone can help me out on what wat to go - Plasma or stick to LCD LED
63inch??? isnt that a bit much??? I got the samsung 46inch 3d led lcd... its brilliant... great clarity and a beautiful picture... and no screen burn at all.

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
Not too sure on size ATM but was looking at the 63"

what I want to know is what I asked about plasma above.

On the side notE how does your led LCD 3D go with 3D? I keep reading and hearing plasma is better for 3D as the led one has crosstalk / ghosting.

Last edited:
no need to worry about burn in.

I'm on my third pioneer plasma ( and watch a lot of fox sports) and i have never had an issue.

burn in is really a relic of the early days of plasma Tvs , the models of the last 5 years havent had many issues. particulary on good brands like pioneer , samsung and panasonic. you are really only going to see issues if you leave your tv on 18 hours a day on the same channel.

even on a live rugby league broadcast on fox they go to adds at least every 40 mins, so you get that natural break for your tv anyway

On the side notE how does your led LCD 3D go with 3D? I keep reading and hearing plasma is better for 3D as the led one has crosstalk / ghosting.

i don't know a lot about 3d tvs but i wouldn't make your purchase decision on the 3d options. the amount of 3d broadcasts will be quite small for the next 2 years i would just see 3d as an added bonus.

you'll find a huge range of views on the plasma v LCD debate, but if you want a big tv ( 50 inch +) watch a lot of sport and don't care too much about the energy consumption , plasma is the way to go.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have an early 50" plasma (circa early 2004), and never have experienced screen burn (and this is with a LG). So personally I don't think you have anythign to worry about.

Te Kaha

First Grade

I didt buy it for the 3D... until they get rid of the glases its a waste of time... but the gimicky 3d movie that came with it was very "3D" when i got around to watching it... and no 'ghosting" at all.

Fein

First Grade
Go to a store and look at the plasma and LCD's to determine which picture you prefer.

I prefer LCD but it's really a case of personal preference.

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, this ^^

Just go and have a look at a few TV's. 63" is f**king huge. How big is your living room? A mate of mine has a 52" Samsung LCD and it is massive.

Personally I'd look at an LCD but it's up to what you prefer.

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
I have always liked LCD thats why I have only purchased LCD's

Went to HN last weekend and saw the Samsung 46" LED next to the 50" Samsung Plasma. The Plasma had deeper colours and was viewable from all angles without getting the washed out look where as the LED suffered from angles.

The thing that worries me the most is burn ins, I just cant get it out of my head. I am not very lucky and dont want to buy a plasma if its gonna get me worried every time I watch it or it does burn in and I just wasted $4k

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Dont worry about burn in, it's not a concern anymore. If you want to go over about 50" then get plasma.

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
thanks mate

so I shouldnt worry even when watching fox sports 2pm-11.30pm with the sports logo in the right hand corner?

Mr Saab

Referee
I have a 55" Hisense LCD and it does the job for me. Picked it up for 1880 from Jb Hi Fi.
Plasma just doesnt do it for me. As people have said, go into a shop (jb hi fi) and you will see Plasma is a thing of the past

all the new plasmas dont have that burn sh*t, i remeber wne they first came out you had to have to put the screen on this white mode to clear all the burns...

Twisty

Juniors
all the new plasmas dont have that burn sh*t, i remeber wne they first came out you had to have to put the screen on this white mode to clear all the burns...

I disagree sorry

I like to view the league on fox aswell and their static logo is solid of Blue, Yellow and white and is not transperant what so ever.

Viewing this for a period of time like the poster mentioned would burn in, I would be anything. Yes viewing one game would be ok, but like the poster said, up to 9 hours of this logo is a burn in risk!!!

Simo

First Grade

That is image retention, which can be cleared, as far as I understand image burn will literally burn in and you cannot fix it.

No expert though and have no idea of new TVs but my old old Plasma and Rear projection tv have had the fox logo on for many super saturdays including toyota cup and never had an issue.

Twisty

Juniors
Dont know much about Rear Projection sets but I am sure 9 hours of super saturday will burn in. If you keep viewing the same content week after week (Every Saturday) it will happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts