What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic Merkin - Chucker Trophy. Aussie Team and predictions

Perfect series to give a young man a cap too. Just see what he can do. We know what Siddle can do

Richardson’s first class record is excellent so this isn’t even picking youth for the sake of it. His record is good, he bowled well in the Odis, he has a great record this year in shield cricket

One other good thing whoever plays is we’re likely to see Cummins finally get the new ball.

But I agree, I don’t see the point of Siddle. Richardson’s late outwswing might benefit from the slightly older ball too?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Renshaw out for 10, Burns 22

Labs and Patterson at the crease on 30 and 33 not out, Aus 2-99 in the second dig.

Sri Lanja 5 dec for f**k all, Boland 2 wickets, Labs 2 and Tremain 1 wicket

Renshaw out for 10, Burns 22

Labs and Patterson at the crease on 30 and 33 not out, Aus 2-99 in the second dig.

Sri Lanja 5 dec for f**k all, Boland 2 wickets, Labs 2 and Tremain 1 wicket

And Patterson doesn’t get to play in Brisbane. They were always setting themselves up to look like fools, they should’ve named the team after this match.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Poor selectors.

Everyone wanted Renshaw and Burns they gave them what they wanted and they sucked.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Patto 84 n o, Pucovski 20 n o

Patto looks like cruising to another ton, hasn't looked in any trouble. Tall bloke plays from the crease and under the eyes, waits for the ball doesn't lunge forward much. He looks ideally suited to English conditions for mine. He doesn't lunge forward like a lot of our players did on the last Ashes tour and they nicked off driving on the up. He has so much time too and he's in pretty good form, this is the time to pick him when he's seeing them like beach balls.

And what class act this Pocuvski is. this kid is something special. He has incredible footwork, very fast and precise, sees the ball very early, loves anything remotely short. His footwork to the spinners is something I haven;t seen for ages, up there with Clarkey going forward but he also plays back so he puts the spinners of their length. He scores off very good balls by watching them very closely, picks Sandakan's wrongun with ease.

I reckon this kid is gonna be something special, shame we didn't get to see him against India, would have been a better gauge than against these spinners.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
On Richardson - I think if you are going to pick him do it now while his speed is at its fastest. Not too many fast bowlers his height do very well at test level, Malcolm Marshall and Dale Steyn being very notable exceptions.

Edit: Chaminda Vaas was the same height as Richardson

Timbo

Staff member
Patto with two tons, not in the squad.

Common sense says he has to play in Brisbane. Unfortunately there is no way that Trevor ‘never admit mistakes’ Hohns will make the right call.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Sri Lanka have taken 1 for 364 vs the batsmen who were not in the test squad. This includes 102 not out by Jake Doran who averages only 28 in first class cricket. This is only a trial game and I have to think Sri Lanka were going easy when bowling to the guys not in the test squad to further confuse the already confused Aussie selectors

Mitch Marsh always scored runs in these tour warm up games. The other countries know exactly what they are doing in these trial games

Sri Lanka have taken 1 for 364 vs the batsmen who were not in the test squad. This includes 102 not out by Jake Doran who averages only 28 in first class cricket. This is only a trial game and I have to think Sri Lanka were going easy when bowling to the guys not in the test squad to further confuse the already confused Aussie selectors

Mitch Marsh always scored runs in these tour warm up games. The other countries know exactly what they are doing in these trial games

That’d make sense if only Kurtis Patterson’s FC record wasn’t superior to Labs, Renshaw & Burns.

I’m not surprised at all, Jesus Christ our selectors are f**kheads. They’re basically all the old blokes at the beginning of Moneyball who tell Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill that gut feeling is more important than statistics.

Dead right. I’d be in favour of having professional scouts in cricket, not these old ex cricketers. The idea you need to have played the game at a high level in order to be a selector is absurd, professional sports overseas don’t operate that way.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hohns and Chappell are so out of touch...I've got issues with Patterson and his conversion rate, but he had to come into the squad over Renshaw.

England have the right approach to selectors... We do not. At all. Does Trevor Hohns even know that cricket is still played?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hohns and Chappell are so out of touch...I've got issues with Patterson and his conversion rate, but he had to come into the squad over Renshaw.

England have the right approach to selectors... We do not. At all. Does Trevor Hohns even know that cricket is still played?

Didn't we beat England 4-0?

simmo1

First Grade
Pucovski will never make it - 13 first class innings, 588 runs but no 6s. Needs to work on his levers.

Latest posts