What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic Merkin - Chucker Trophy. Aussie Team and predictions

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Renshaw playing himself out of the test team. I'm a fan, but there's no point playing him the test team when he's just not playing well enough to maintain his spot.
Second innings he was out as plumb as you'd like.

Joe Burns was looking good, but caught in the slips. Once again a pretty good catch, but unnecessary shot. Gotta do better.
There's no way they can pick Renshaw, he's shot.

Looks very likely it’ll be

Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Pucovski
Head
Labuschagne

Crazy Patterson can’t be there, hopefully he’s a shot at the 2nd test if Head or Labuschagne fail.

Eelectrica

Referee
So who carries the drinks I wonder. After his ODI failure it'll be interesting to see if Siddle is in the 11.

Siddle should remain the drink carrier with Richardson into the test side.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Richardson at least has some potential, there is absolutely nothing to gain by playing Sids who is at the other end of his career

but they will

typicalfan

Coach
Can understand Richardson, if he can swing the ball like he did in the odis he could be a handful under lights. Siddle's mothers maiden name must be Marsh. He has looked totally out of his depth all summer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

“Josh has reported some back soreness over the last few days and scans have revealed a very early stage stress fracture in the same lower back area as his previous injury from last summer," said physio David Beakley.

“He will now begin a rehabilitation program and we are confident he will be available for selection ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup in the UK later this year."

So this happened while he was being "rested" ?

I rest my case

TheParraboy

Staff member
might be a blessing in disguise (if Richardson plays rather than Siddle)

Siddle probably will do well in Brisbane d/n if chosen.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Josh Hazlewood is out with a stress fracture

Jhye Richardson is in to the squad.

Chris Tremain must feel hard done by, originally named in the squad to play India, doesn’t get to play & now overlooked for Siddle and Richardson. I’d love to hear the selectors try to explain that.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh...on-australia-sri-lanka-test-series/2019-01-19

This is the problem by not having any Shield cricket, we are relying of form in the shorter forms of the game to gives guys a run in the test side, though Richardson does have raw talent and could be the exception

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Siddle is picked for the first test that will just about do me, perfect chance to blood a young bloke who has been knocking down the door.

Siddle has looked like a disoriented homeless bloke who had wandered onto the field and saw what the other bowlers were doing and attempted to copy them but couldn’t because he was old with a bad meth habit.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They surely can’t pick Siddle over Richardson lol. Even if Richardson doesn’t have the best game he gets the message he’s next off the rank if he keeps ripping it up for WA.

I don’t know what message Siddle sends ?

Bazal

Post Whore
They surely can’t pick Siddle over Richardson lol. Even if Richardson doesn’t have the best game he gets the message he’s next off the rank if he keeps ripping it up for WA.

I don’t know what message Siddle sends ?

That we're not ageist and we don't discriminate against shit players....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Perfect series to give a young man a cap too. Just see what he can do. We know what Siddle can do

Richardson’s first class record is excellent so this isn’t even picking youth for the sake of it. His record is good, he bowled well in the Odis, he has a great record this year in shield cricket