What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Contract Situations -2007

Mambo

Juniors
Hey Guys,

I am currently putting together a player database for the 2007 season and need to know accurate contract situations for some players to help finalise it.Do you know the contact situation for the following...Ben ReynoldsChris PatersonS.MoaThank you in advance for any help.

brook

First Grade
Moa is under contract until the end of 2007
Reynolds contract is up this year and I will be very suprised if its renewed
No idea about Patterson

mulvihill

Juniors
Patterson will be retained on a 6 yr deal
The club is also working on a 47 yr deal for D Fitzhenry
With any luck we may have a chat to Farah in Oct next yr abt a 1 yr incentive deal

gr8_1

Juniors
Mambo said:
Hey Guys,

I am currently putting together a player database for the 2007 season and need to know accurate contract situations for some players to help finalise it.Do you know the contact situation for the following...Ben ReynoldsChris PatersonS.MoaThank you in advance for any help.

Patterson retired. Only played this year to help out the Magpies. Was only on premier league match payments.

tottie

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Patterson will be retained on a 6 yr deal
The club is also working on a 47 yr deal for D Fitzhenry
With any luck we may have a chat to Farah in Oct next yr abt a 1 yr incentive deal

You forgot to mention that we are keen to get colin best from canberra to play five eight and put Benji on the wing.

Seriously why cant the board sniff out approaches on class players and tie them up before its too late and the media and fans find out about the approaches.

mulvihill

Juniors
Because we have all the Bic biros lobbing at the doors of the likes of fitzhenry, o'hara, harris, nick graham, ben reynolds, etc etc etc to worry about peripheral players like farah and prince

colonel_123

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Because we have all the Bic biros lobbing at the doors of the likes of fitzhenry, o'hara, harris, nick graham, ben reynolds, etc etc etc to worry about peripheral players like farah and prince

You think Wests were unable to re-sign Prince because Reynolds, Harris, etc were under contract?

mulvihill

Juniors
Well perhaps if less time was taken signing up bell ends like reynolds and harris pre sept 05, we'd have had more time to speak to prince and have him tied up past next week ?? It's called prioritising ...

super_coach

First Grade
I dont know why everyones worried,we have ten thousand world champions just about to burst onto the scene,just happens their all back rowers

No deal Nev reckons why pay big dollars when you can sign up 50 Fitzys for the same price.Anyway who needs a front row or 1/2 back or even a back up full back,just as long as we have back rowers.

super_coach said:
No deal Nev reckons why pay big dollars when you can sign up 50 Fitzys for the same price.Anyway who needs a front row or 1/2 back or even a back up full back,just as long as we have back rowers.
What about Shannon McDonnell, Chris Lawrence and Shannon Gallant, they all play fullback, why would the club want to spend $$$ on another fullback at the club

brook

First Grade
The Fruit Pickers said:
What about Shannon McDonnell, Chris Lawrence and Shannon Gallant, they all play fullback, why would the club want to spend $$$ on another fullback at the club

Ben Jeffery is also a fullback.

super_coach

First Grade
Yes,you a right,but the way we are going in the retention stakes,they will be sold at the west tigers yearling sales,like Farah if the rumour is true and my mail is its a done deal,money in the bank--

My main gripe is when you go out into the market place,you first idenify your needs than you aim to replace them. You dont buy a sports car to replace your ute.You can have all the talent in the world,but if you dont get instant results,you loose sponorship,you loose supporter base,you loose stabality in your playing roster and the whole thing goes belly up--just ask Ricky Stuart.

What we need to be is a top 5 team for a decade,not up their one years and not seen again for ten years

mulvihill

Juniors
Bang on Super Coach. Farah should have been re-signed after the GF. As MArshall was and as Hodgson was. No doubt it will soon be on for Whatuira as the vultures circle next season along with the likes of Collis and Fulton among others.

super_coach

First Grade
once one jump ship,whatch the others follow.If you are going bank on a youth policy,well least get them under contract.No good getting them for two years,blooding them giving them experience and letting them walk through the door. Just crazy,as I have said many times our people who are calling the shots with who comes and who goes should be asked PLEASE EXPLAIN----Fitzy, Danny Galea just to name a couple

innsaneink

Referee
super_coach said:
once one jump ship,whatch the others follow.If you are going bank on a youth policy,well least get them under contract.No good getting them for two years,blooding them giving them experience and letting them walk through the door. Just crazy,as I have said many times our people who are calling the shots with who comes and who goes should be asked PLEASE EXPLAIN----Fitzy, Danny Galea just to name a couple

They did do this in the past, remember they paid the likes of Collis, Gibbs, Fulton Halatau Farah etc in 03 or 04 when they were still in flegg & PL, they paid them outta the top grade salary cap....I think the same thing may be happening again.

trialex

Juniors
You make it sound like there is some sort of player supermarket, where there is an unlimited number of top-shelf players in each position that you can just buy whoever you want whenever you want.

If a player doesn't want to sign, or doesn't want to re-sign yet, that trumps any card that the club can play money-wise or anything else.

super_coach

First Grade
Players leave for three reasons 1 dollars
2 oppertuntities
3 lack of confidence in the clubs future
A bloke like Farah would not leave for 1 or 2,the wests tigers can give him those things--but no 3, he must have doubts where the WT are headed

innsaneink

Referee
super_coach said:
Players leave for three reasons 1 dollars
2 oppertuntities
3 lack of confidence in the clubs future
A bloke like Farah would not leave for 1 or 2,the wests tigers can give him those things--but no 3, he must have doubts where the WT are headed
Why not 2?

I think once a player wins a comp at one club, the prospect/opportunity to go to another club with loads of talent and a realistic chance at winning the comp would be very tempting, particularly these days when loyalty basically is extinct.

Not many players can say theyve won a comp, less can say they've won two at different clubs.

innsaneink said:
Not many players can say theyve won a comp, less can say they've won two at different clubs.

WHATUIRA!

I think their have been about 20 in total, with Lazarus being the only player to win it at 3 clubs (Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane)

Bench
Marshall_magic said:
WHATUIRA!

I think their have been about 20 in total, with Lazarus being the only player to win it at 3 clubs (Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane)
Not only that,Lazarus was there for all 3 clubs first ever premiership win,a record never to be broken.

Latest posts