What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Market

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What's the latest on Jack Bird?

I'm not saying he's the answer...far from it...but at least he's capable to playing in the back row if required.

I thought Brisbane were thinking of offloading him.

ouryears

Bench
Ive noticed even after the 30 June deadline there's been a lot of movement in the player market.

Tim Grant going back to the Panthers.
Blake Furguson going to the Eels......though quite why they would buy another player on the back end of his carrer is beyond me.

But the Dragons are very quiet, even on the rumour front.
So that suggests we are either happy with our current roster of first graders and young guys coming through, or are looking overseas to replace Ah Mau.

To be honest I'd be quite happy at this stage to upgrade the young guys rather than risk losing them when they start to come good.
When they start to come good?
IF they ever do.
I think not, we have gotten easirt pric

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
What's the latest on Jack Bird?

I'm not saying he's the answer...far from it...but at least he's capable to playing in the back row if required.

I thought Brisbane were thinking of offloading him.
No way in hell Jimmy. Bird and his father have publicly dissed his prior teams to the nth degree. Unfortunately this kid has a chronic illness which has no cure at the moment.

The Damo

Juniors
More pertinent questions are:

A) unless they're not paid "overs" in order to play under McGregor, would any half decent prop be willing to come to SGI?

B) if not, are the only other options relate to forwards at the end of their careers (as with James Graham)?
Strangely I think props seem to flourish under McGregor. Vaughan and Ah Mau are both realising their potential and getting recognised for it. Graham is probably playing better this year than he did the two years pervious. If you wanted a chance to make your name as an impact prop, and lay a case to starting prop in the next couple seasons I think getting signed as AhMau’s replacement would be pretty tempting.

nontime111

Juniors
Strangely I think props seem to flourish under McGregor. Vaughan and Ah Mau are both realising their potential and getting recognised for it. Graham is probably playing better this year than he did the two years pervious. If you wanted a chance to make your name as an impact prop, and lay a case to starting prop in the next couple seasons I think getting signed as AhMau’s replacement would be pretty tempting.
I agree!! many good young props will be easily swayed to come to SAINTS! were one of the mega teams now despite all the neggs on here were close to a premiership now! youll see......I also feel young Lawrie will get better and better FAST also! Hes got a real X factor as does dare i say it..Luc! but Luc needs to get some defence training and work hard on that to justify his attacking prowess place in our team but I think he can do it, I see HOST and LAWRIE as our best young guns forward wise.....have a gut feeling theyre both going to become amazing players in the next year or 3

Coffs dragon

Bench
I heard a rumour from a Souths fanatic that we are chasing Zane Musgrove a young Rabbitohs prop off contract at seasons end. I don't know much about him except he's Samoan descent.

blacksafake

First Grade
I heard a rumour from a Souths fanatic that we are chasing Zane Musgrove a young Rabbitohs prop off contract at seasons end. I don't know much about him except he's Samoan descent.
Goes ok but I’m sure i heard something the other day that he’s signed somewhere , not sure where but if your mails right it might be us

Dragons 09

Juniors
I am one of those misguided souls you speak of. I guess I have been misguided by a few things but the main one is the forward pack he has mostly put together.
Vaughan
Graham
Frizz
Sims
JDB
It ain bad is it?

Similarly, letting Duges and Packer go was probably strategically the right thing to do also. And let's not forget the Hunt signing. I'm with you on this one, Basil has done pretty good so far.........damn misguided souls, what would we know!

Crush

Coach
Similarly, letting Duges and Packer go was probably strategically the right thing to do also. And let's not forget the Hunt signing. I'm with you on this one, Basil has done pretty good so far.........damn misguided souls, what would we know!
Might I add I remember people saying letting Milne go would come back to bite us and that he would go on to be a household name. Where is Milne these days anyway?