What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Rooster boy

Juniors
what a year it is going to be for the gulls in 2004. many of big signings, young plaYERS FROM ALL OVER THE STATE. what are they doing with their home grown talent????????????????????????????? they are all leavin to go to valleys, easts, logan. who would of thought that players would choose logan over the gulls, many questions to be asked??????

I think he's bagging the Gulls for buying players.
I like the idea of the scholarship house they have set up for the young country kids coming down.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Rooster boy said:
what a year it is going to be for the gulls in 2004. many of big signings, young plaYERS FROM ALL OVER THE STATE. what are they doing with their home grown talent????????????????????????????? they are all leavin to go to valleys, easts, logan. who would of thought that players would choose logan over the gulls, many questions to be asked??????

Well, the only "locals" (not sure if they were home grown) to leave this year have been Grant Lewis to B/V and Trevor Exton to Easts. Hardly a stampede.

I would think the Gulls would have as good a percentage of home growns in their top grade teams as most clubs.

Jersey Shark

Juniors
Yeah i dont think there has been any exodus of players! Sure they have bought a few players and lost a few but what club hasn't?! Most clubs take local talent for granted thats why you see some players thrive when they change clubs. Maybe those players that left will kick on or maybe they will realise just how good they had it at the gulls! As stormboy so kindly pointed out football is a business at this level, take it or leave it. No questions to be asked at Wynnum mate, we are looking real good!

You can't just rely on 'locals' to be successful in this competition. Clubs have realised for years now and the country always has been a happy 'hunting' ground for quality players.

The days of recruiting players that only live a club's area are long gone.

Rockn

Juniors
I heard that Ricky Dodd from Souths Logan has gone to Canberra, Probably to Jersey Flegg. Has Tony Duggan left the Clydesdales? Does anyone know whats happened to Anthony Zipf, Captain and fullback for the Broncos Colts last year?

dizi

Juniors
Tony Duggan was at Broncos training last night in the first grade squad so I'd say he will again be with the Clydesdales.

It would have been good to see Hamo back at the Jets but I suppose they just don't have the money to get him.

stormboy

Juniors
Big Cam Cherry said:
I think he's bagging the Gulls for buying players.
I like the idea of the scholarship house they have set up for the young country kids coming down.

... I wonder where they got that idea from :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Kevin Charmichael isn't coaching the colts at Norths a guy I think it's from Lismore Brothers is coaching I just can't remember his name.

stormboy

Juniors
Sgt Schultz said:
Kevin Charmichael isn't coaching the colts at Norths a guy I think it's from Lismore Brothers is coaching I just can't remember his name.

So where is Kevvie coaching then bro