What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player of the series? Heath Streak!

SirShire

First Grade
Why not? His team has not won a game but he has been the most consistant player out of all the teams with both the bat and the ball. Look at the stats.

Bowling

Mat O M R W Ave Best 4w 5w SR Econ Team

HH Streak 7 65 7 302 14 21.57 3-45 - - 27.8 4.64 ZIM

Batting

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team

HH Streak 7 6 3 205 64* 68.33 70.20 - 2 2 - ZIM

Anyway, I hope he wins it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He'll come close, but they give it to either an Indian or an Australian, and at the moment it looks like Laxman might get close.

knights04

Bench
I'd give player of series to Streak, just look at those figures plus he's the captain. :clap: :clap: Laxman will probably get it but then again Lara won it out of left field few years ago.

Matt23

Staff member
Lara won because he's beloved by Channel 9...but if thats the basis the Rahul Dravid could also go close.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
They won't give an award out to the team that comes last in the VB series i've never seen that happen in any sport.

But he definately has been one of the best players in the VB series.

ethos

Live Update Team
VVS will get it, but Streak is one hell of a cricketer. Did you see his run out the other day! :shock:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
VVS has it in the bag already, however i couldn't agree more about Streak this guy is just like the Flower brothers and he would fit into any other international squad even the Australian squad and he would stand out even then.

He is truly a champion - I just wished that Zimbabwe screwed their head on and selected Goodwin for a change it would help them out a great deal at the top of the order!

Anonymous

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
I just wished that Zimbabwe screwed their head on and selected Goodwin for a change it would help them out a great deal at the top of the order!

Goodwin opted out of Zimbabwe cricket a few years ago over pay disputes. Theres actually talk that he may play for Australia in the future, as he is now eligible.

I really feel sorry for Streak, a superstar trapped in what is virtually a club side, all because of governmental policies.

SirShire

First Grade
Yep. He is an unreal player. Laxman was unreal with the bat. But Streak is unreal with the bat and ball, not to mention his fielding skills. He should get it.