What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player of the Series?

jc155776

Coach
Most liley depends on tomorrow nights result but would have to think Paul Gallen or Cooper Cronk for mine.

Thoughts?

user_nat

Coach
Cronk has been pretty average/disappointing (just like the 2 5/8s).

Between Gallen and Thaiday currently IMO. Anyone with a good performance in the final has a chance though.

Big Pete

Referee
Will come down to the final.

Thaiday or Lewis for mine.

But if Marshall pulls out a top shelf performance, could definitely be him.

The 18th Man

Juniors
David Shillington has come of again (again?) and Paul Gallen has in my opinion been our standout. Add Sam Thaiday and take a pick from those three. You can't go wrong. The winner will be who ever stands out tomorrow.

I have been a little disappointed in Cooper Cronk to be honest. I think he improved in the final as the dominating halves partner, though prior to that, I don't believe he has capitalised on this opportunity whilst Thurston has been away. I don't think he has been horrible, just not as impressive as I'd have expected. Lacked consistency which is his trait at club level.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Paul Gallen didn't lose any admirers with his performance. Benji's 10/10 in the second half of the final should be enough to get him home. One of the great individual performances that will live on in many people's minds for years to come.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
18th Man - Do you believe Benji Marshall had the perfect game tonight or are you just trying to illustrate the kind of impact Benji had on the game?

I thought he played well and would rank somewhere between a 7-8 but I wouldn't put him down as a 10 for mine. I've yet to see a player play a perfect game yet.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Whoever mentioned Cronk in this thread is having a dead set laugh. If anything this series has proven what a myth Cronk is. Australia lacked creativity the whole series and he was halfback in every game. Fair enough an ageing Lockyer didn't give him much support but he took no control of that team whatsoever.
We read all the articles leading into the series how this was his time to step up, but he failed to do that.

You believe Benji had the perfect game tonight 18th man or just trying to illustrate the impact Benji had playing a big hand in all 3 tries?

The commentators' tendency, particularly Gould's, to heap praise on Marshall and overlook the contribution of others is embarrassing. For example, the last try would not have been scored but for the amazing run of Nightengale. Sure Benji set up the break but it was Nightengale who managed to set up the try by eluding Tuqiri and passing a miracle ball back on the inside.

The 18th Man

Juniors
You believe Benji had the perfect game tonight 18th man or just trying to illustrate the impact Benji had playing a big hand in all 3 tries?

No definately not, more 10/10 for his second half efforts and overall impact on the outcome of the game which is what will tilt the award in his favour as well the Golden Boot. Benji wasn't doing all too much in the first half as I mentioned in the game thread.

Benji Marshall went from a very good player to a great one tonight in my opinion. I don't throw the term around loosely and have held it back on Marshall though he proved tonight he can carry that tag. He chose his moments and carried his team to victory. A sure sign of a great player.

Once more, congrats to Benji and his team. Loved every minute of it as much as I hates the end result.

Last edited:

Latest posts