What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Ratings v Raiders

coolumsharkie

Referee
millersnose said:
1.B.Kearney –6
2.D.Simmons – 5 didnt put enough effort in after dropping a kickoff
3.B.Pommeroy – 7
4.F.Anderson – 6
5.L.Covell – 6
6.A.Dykes – 6 a few great kicks
7.B.Kimmorley – 7
8.P.Leuluai – 6 he is trying to run hard and create some fear
9.K.Kingston – 6 best game this year
10.L.Douglas – 7
11.P.Gallen – 7
12.L.Thompson – 7
13.G.Bird – 8
14.C.Stapleton – 6 the ball skills of martin lang without the work ethic
15.B.Ross – 7 best game this year
16.R.Williams – 7
17.I.DeGois – 6

the forwards and the kicking game from both halfs won the night

Haven't seen the whole game yet (just about to) but man he killed the Dragons off the bench.

1.B.Kearney – 6 Did all his usual good things but nothing out of the box.

2.D.Simmons – 4 Knocked the ball on cold at 7.35 and preceded to offer nothing.

3.B.Pommeroy – 8 Finding his way to the line and some terriffic McGaw like defence. Still has plenty of errors in him though...

4.F.Anderson – 6 Solid, but for his size and pace should be more dangerous out wide.

5.L.Covell - 7 Great goal kicking. But needs to be a realist. He ain't going to run past Colin Best!!!

6.A.Dykes – 6 Will give him the benefit of the doubt of settling back into the team. How many times at crucial sweeping backline movements did he lose the ball cold, slip over or died with the ball? Too many!! His kicking game was good and gives us more unpredictability.

7.B.Kimmorley – 7 Great kicking game! Great kick chasing. Some good stepping for a few line breaks helped give us with momentum for a couple of tries. But the team lost it's direction in the last 25minutes. And that responsibility sits with the halves.

8.P.Leuluai – 6 Can't fault the effort from the big unit. More potent in defence than attack. Seems to run straight into defenders in attack rather than running at gaps. It's just a matter of time that he's going to get cleaned up and have a long rest on the sidelines.

9.K.Kingston –7 Some great yards made at dummy half and good contribution in defence. One really great kick from dummy half wish he would do it more.

10.L.Douglas – 8 How lucky are we to have him??? Fantastic work rate in defence and takes some real pulling down with the ball in attack. One for origin sooner rather than later.

11.P.Gallen – 6 He had one of those niggly games and everytime he does it his football goes South. Great enthusiasm but seemed to be playing for himself rather than his team again.

12.L.Thompson –7 Always count on a great workrate with him. Delivered again without standing out.

13.G.Bird – 7.5 As they said in commentary he has become our "go to man" when we need to come up with something. Gave the Raiders a wake up call in defence too.

14.C.Stapleton – 6 Solid, but doesn't seem that energised at the moment.

15.B.Ross –7.5 Was absolutely knackered towards the end of the game. Will be interested to see how many minutes he played. Certainly one of our high contributors in the forwards.

16.R.Williams – 5 He was shown a good lesson last night about aggression in the forward pack. Hopefully next time he takes his skirt off and puts theory into practice. As a spectator he had the best seat in the house.

17.I.DeGois – 7 Great determination to find the tryline. Links up well with the rest of the team. He certainly adds a new dimension to the team when he comes on.

cb4

First Grade
i think u guys aree being a bit harsh on noddy last night, it was the best he has played in a while, and the first time i have seeen him take on a defensive line in a while, i think behind birdy he was our best

coolumsharkie

Referee
1.B.Kearney –5 yes quiet night for him. and had the dropseys
2.D.Simmons – 4 who?
3.B.Pommeroy – 7 scored a treble and was solid as in D. I guess the more he gets hold of the pill the more he will learn to hang on to it.
4.F.Anderson – 6 Very hard to stop once he gets going. didnt see enough ball for mine.
5.L.Covell – 6 did a couple of silly things but has great vision for a winger.
6.A.Dykes – 6 bit dangerous at times but basicaly slipped and fumbled his way around,I like the way he chimes in off Noddy from the set backline movement but Sticky has to create more set plays for his outside men because they haven't got a clue.
7.B.Kimmorley – 7 Good game from the Nodster, stood deep and didnt try and do EVERYTHING. Hence a good kicking game.
8.P.Leuluai – 6 He got more involved in the hit ups but i agree with some on here he is a bit lazy in D
9.K.Kingston – 6 He still hesitates when he has the ball in an attacking raid, not confident enough?
10.L.Douglas – 8 This guy is ALL class. Can he play halfback?
11.P.Gallen – 7 We missed him when he went off.
12.L.Thompson – 7 great workload in d one outstanding offload. why do we not see more?
13.G.Bird – 7 I think he had a quiet game overall. Although a 7 is a quiet game for Birdy lately
14.C.Stapleton &#8211; 6 the ball skills of martin lang without the work ethic << lol
15.B.Ross &#8211; 7 Getting involved more and more. I liked him off the bench.
16.R.Williams &#8211;5 didnt notice him much
17.I.DeGois &#8211; 6 Good try, Good find .

Since 73

First Grade
CHAOS said:
The half we practically went backwards in.
Quite a worrying aspect C.
Obviously our intensity dropped because we knew the game was ours at 18-0.
But the TOP sides in this comp would have extended that to 40.

we scored one pushover try in the final 40 by De Gois.
This would have been one of the most worrying aspects for Sticky.

we have had 2 games won this year - Titans at 16-6 with 15 to go, and Tigers last week. Those games and 2nd half last night show we do not know how to finish team off.

Macca

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
I'll have to watch the replay. The only points of disagreement are Covell, Noddy and
Dykes.

I'm by no means a critic of Dykes. He threw a nice long pass in the first try, but the money ball was Gallen's. Second try was set up by Noddy's cross kick. Third try was all Bird doing.

Other than that Dykes seemed to trip over alot, drop a few balls, got run down by a second rower, threw a pass out into touch.

The timing of the back line moves lacked execution. The whole backline was rusty as.

Geez I am glad I'm not the only one that thought Dykesy looked rusty.

imasharkie

Coach
jc155776 said:
Come on IMA. The blokes on radio were saying he was playing great.

2 line breaks a couple of try assists. Should have been a few more had the outside backs not bombed them.

Righto jc. I've just watched the game again and changed two of my ratings.

Simmons from 3 to 2
Noddy from 5 to 6

imasharkie

Coach
EDGAR44 said:
well stop watching it on tv and get out there you merkin and geez still have negativity when we win 26 blot

Yeah right idiot.
I'll fly down every week from Queensland if you pay my way.

Wanker

newman

First Grade
Just on Dykesy.

I was sitting right on the sideline in the corner where Pom scored his three and I was paying particular attention to Dykesie. Dykes was carving up out there, but our centres had no idea what to freaking do. About three or four times he put the ball in front of one of our wide guys right in a hole.... All they had to do was catch it at pace and they are a good chance of getting through. They had their timing all wrong.....

Worst of all, about three or four times, he drifted across field, committed two defenders and got his hands through the line. At this point, your centres and wingers need to play flat... They get a pass flat and they are PASSED the line of defence and pretty much in. Each time he did it, they were too deep and his passes were wasted. He got pissed off and his game when downhill.

Kearney slips over more than any other player in the NRL.

Macca

Coach
1.B.Kearney &#8211;6 He's still the best support player we have. Looked ordinary under the high ball last night though.
2.D.Simmons &#8211; 4 pretty quiet game, couple of dropped balls too.
3.B.Pommeroy &#8211; 7 hat trick of tries, could have been an 8 or 9er if he'd handled better
4.F.Anderson &#8211; 6 So strong, starting to really impress, handling let him down a little
5.L.Covell &#8211; 7 great kicking, layed on a try, classic covell
6.A.Dykes &#8211; 6 looked a little rusty, but certainly linked well with the back rowers, defended well
7.B.Kimmorley &#8211; 7.5 confidence is returning, taking on the line again, defence was brilliant
15.B.Ross &#8211; 7 back to good form, Ricky seems to have motivated him well
9.K.Kingston &#8211; 7 tackles everything, put on some good kicks, quality service
10.L.Douglas &#8211; 7 ripped in as usual, sign him for life
11.P.Gallen &#8211; 7.5 very good, improved on last week with hard hitting and hard running, also displayed some ball skills
12.L.Thompson &#8211; 7 typical display
13.G.Bird &#8211; 8 this guy is our biggest weapon, he creates on the fringes, get Kearney to follow him everywhere

14.C.Stapleton &#8211; 6 nothing spectacular
8.P.Leuluai &#8211; 6 fearless running, genuine first grade prop's display
16.R.Williams &#8211; 7 quiet achiever, impressive
17.I.DeGois &#8211; 7 scored a good dummy half's try, tackled well

Overall A-

A+ defensively (Kearney didn't have to make a tackle)
B attacking (improvement will come)

We have one of the best packs in the comp.

spider

Coach
newman said:
Just on Dykesy.

All they had to do was catch it at pace and they are a good chance of getting through. They had their timing all wrong.....
its funny when its the half back delivering it to the 5/8 - its the half backs fault, bad pass, etc

when its the 5/8 delivering it - the 3/4's had their timing wrong

i love forum footy - its the best!!!

Since 73

First Grade
newman:

Just on Dykesy.

I was sitting right on the sideline in the corner where Pom scored his three and I was paying particular attention to Dykesie. Dykes was carving up out there, but our centres had no idea what to freaking do. About three or four times he put the ball in front of one of our wide guys right in a hole.... All they had to do was catch it at pace and they are a good chance of getting through. They had their timing all wrong.....
It'll come Newman.
If Sticky can keep the nucleaus of these guys together for the year it'll continue to develop.
Blokes like Anderson and Pom are doing pretty well for the very little first grade they've played.
All of a sudden they are dancing to the beat of a hard taskmaster like ricky.

If Dykes can keep fit he will lay on planty of points for big finishers like those 2.

Kearney slips over more than any other player in the NRL.
Good point.

spider

Coach
totally agree S73 - we bomb more tries per week than we score

if they remain on the field together it will eventually gel

El Coconuto

Bench
Our support play is HORRIBLE. The only person I consistently see running off the breaks is Kearney. Didn't matter last night, in round six, but later, it could be the make or break of those critical games...