What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Signature Obsessions

Mug Costanza

Juniors
Help me understand...why? Who cares? They sign 50000 items a year. Why do people run for signatures, line up for hours and think they are worth something?!

Unless you have Thurston’s boot from the GF, Burgess’ GF jersey or something then it ain’t worth crap.

Why destroy perfectly nice hat’s, t shirts and jerseys?

Discuss.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I was going to crack wise. But seriously, if you’re a kid, you watch the game and you get to meet players in the team you support or your favourite player and then take away a keepsake, albeit pretty small, from a that meeting, it’s pretty f**kin cool.

As for adults I’m slightly more cynical and think 50%+ of adults getting stuff signed is to flip on eBay

sempmrh

Juniors
As for adults I’m slightly more cynical and think 50%+ of adults getting stuff signed is to flip on eBay

Basically this.

To me there's value in getting a jersey for that season signed by the entire squad. I have quite a few and I would never sell them. To me a signed jersey has sentimental value and it's even better if the team goes on to win the premiership that year.

AJB1102

First Grade
People who gather to film a conversion on their phone. What poor f**k wants to sit through your video of Mick Gordon kicking a goal against NZ in round 7?