What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player walkout...

Can you name me one time when a coach has left, or been sacked, mid season and the club in question has hired someone from outside the club to be the interim coach just for the rest of the year only?
he was brought in as the undertaker.
in preparation for the sacking.
he has a job beyond this year.
we all know that.
buy a better undertaker.
walk up start based on what?

Tiger Shark

Bench
I did.
worthy of including in the discussion when we keep pointing to winning cultures and success.
he's part of the transition plan.
what's he won? what's his success?

ordinary appointment IMO

He wasn't an appointment necessarily but the next man up that we had on the books.

Hannay is a lot better option than Craig Sandercock or Dymock who we could have had running the show if it was a different year. Hannay has at least been in charge before albeit not for long and not overly successful but still has some experience in the HC role.

And anyone who thinks the club should have or would have considered bringing in an interim coach for 3/4s of a season before Fitz takes over has rocks in their head and needs to go back to the Facebook groups where that nonsense belongs.

Hannay is clearly open to making adjustments this year for Fitz as he wants a job next year which I think will put us ahead of if Fitz came in blind. An advantage alot of new coaches don't often have.

Entertaining the idea of an interim coach being brought in, would they be as accommodating to Fitz' suggestions or be interested in only winning to improve their name and career progression.

He wasn't an appointment necessarily but the next man up that we had on the books.

Hannay is a lot better option than Craig Sandercock or Dymock who we could have had running the show if it was a different year. Hannay has at least been in charge before albeit not for long and not overly successful but still has some experience in the HC role.

And anyone who thinks the club should have or would have considered bringing in an interim coach for 3/4s of a season before Fitz takes over has rocks in their head and needs to go back to the Facebook groups where that nonsense belongs.

Hannay is clearly open to making adjustments this year for Fitz as he wants a job next year which I think will put us ahead of if Fitz came in blind. An advantage alot of new coaches don't often have.

Entertaining the idea of an interim coach being brought in, would they be as accommodating to Fitz' suggestions or be interested in only winning to improve their name and career progression.
not suggesting bring someone in this year.
he was recruited last year and was part of the game plan.

he was brought in as the undertaker.
in preparation for the sacking.
he has a job beyond this year.
we all know that.
buy a better undertaker.
walk up start based on what?
not suggesting bring someone in this year.
he was recruited last year and was part of the game plan.

you need to stop with your make believe stories.
Hannay was given the position through Morris himself, the reason? They both have the same manager and Hannay was not selected by Payne at the Cowboys to stay on. Manager needed to find his client another job, hey presto, his other client, Morris, needed a new assistant.

honestly if you are going to make up horse shit, try and make it sound more believable.

you need to stop with your make believe stories.
Hannay was given the position through Morris himself, the reason? They both have the same manager and Hannay was not selected by Payne at the Cowboys to stay on. Manager needed to find his client another job, hey presto, his other client, Morris, needed a new assistant.

honestly if you are going to make up horse shit, try and make it sound more believable.
JM fate was sealed last year.
had f**k all control over the roster.
i.e. mcinnes
why would they give him the keys to the coaching staff?
makes no sense.

JM fate was sealed last year.
had f**k all control over the roster.
i.e. mcinnes
why would they give him the keys to the coaching staff?
makes no sense.
Makes no sense????
The Manager manages both of these clients, one of his clients needs a job, his other client has a position open for exactly that job. Manager gets % of the contract. Deal done.
Pretty bloody simple, and a helluva lot of sense.

Makes no sense????
The Manager manages both of these clients, one of his clients needs a job, his other client has a position open for exactly that job. Manager gets % of the contract. Deal done.
Pretty bloody simple, and a helluva lot of sense.
Based on the points I made it makes no sense to say JM acquired JH.
the club acquired JH.

SKIBUR

Juniors
Well he couldn’t win the U20’s with them even though they finished miles ahead of everyone else in the regular comp.
To be fair... or unfair... to Morris, that year a lot of the other teams had their promising kids playing in NSW Cup or even Firsts. Then when it looked like those teams weren't going to make it, they popped the kids back in the 20's.
It changed the dynamic of the competition dramatically coming up against teams with ace players that weren't there for the majority of the comp and who had tasted experience playing against men.

Wasn't someone "in the know" sprouting about how Morris didn't even know Hannay was part of his team till the day he turned up?

shadowboxer

First Grade
I had to check the date of the post to make sure we weren’t back a few months back during the “tears for Morris” moment.
Seriously, I get the angst over Johnny but either get on the bus or get off.
If you sit on the fence, just think back to that semi final at Brookvale, Gallens last game and turned up up softer than and old man’s wenis. Manly ran riot.
That would of been the same result for the next number of years, just making up the numbers. Just like Morris... just one of a number of coaches across the NRL who have gotten the punt, some for less.

To be fair... or unfair... to Morris, that year a lot of the other teams had their promising kids playing in NSW Cup or even Firsts. Then when it looked like those teams weren't going to make it, they popped the kids back in the 20's.
It changed the dynamic of the competition dramatically coming up against teams with ace players that weren't there for the majority of the comp and who had tasted experience playing against men.

Wasn't someone "in the know" sprouting about how Morris didn't even know Hannay was part of his team till the day he turned up?
That's not correct.
It was "who's that" from a distance because he didn't recognise him at first.
Are you guys really trying to think that Morris own manager didn't sound him out about getting Hannay a job with him????
Think about it just for a second and see how absurd that sounds.

Edit: and that Morris didnt get to choose his coaching staff? Really??

Based on the points I made it makes no sense to say JM acquired JH.
the club acquired JH.
So Morris didnt get to choose who worked with him?????
Your story making is getting more ludicrous, and your twists are plain stupid
of course the club pay Hannay, but Morris and the manager got him in there.
Stop playing your horse shit game.

sharkpanfa

Juniors
So Morris didnt get to choose who worked with him?????
Your story making is getting more ludicrous, and your twists are plain stupid
of course the club pay Hannay, but Morris and the manager got him in there.
Stop playing your horse shit game.

I am pretty sure that there was a story on here a while back about Bomber walking in and seeing Hannay and asking "why is he here?

I am pretty sure that there was a story on here a while back about Bomber walking in and seeing Hannay and asking "why is he here?
yeah, it was a story. I talked to the person about it. He just didnt recognise him from a distance as I have already stated.

Latest posts