What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
So given that this year is full of new frontiers with a new coach and GI back I thought it might be interesting to do a player watch.

What’s a player watch? Good question glad you asked. Basically any forum poster can choose any player in the squad. Throughout the year when said player has played (if played) you can give a brief entry into this thread. This way we all have the ability to track players form throughout the year. At the end of the season it’ll be an interesting read to see who’s form wanes, improves and who’s just a solid weekly performer.

So for me I’m going with Cook. I’ve never felt he’s been up to scratch but to his credit he’s form is up. Ea game I’ll write up how I feel his performance was.

Objectivity is key

Travitoh

First Grade
I like it but there will be times that i miss games during the season.
I'd also want to claim someone a bit left field, someone breaking into NRL which could make it a bit difficult.

One thing I've seen on other forums is player threads in sub-forums. One for the current squad and one for past players where all player discussion takes place.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I like it but there will be times that i miss games during the season.
I'd also want to claim someone a bit left field, someone breaking into NRL which could make it a bit difficult.

One thing I've seen on other forums is player threads in sub-forums. One for the current squad and one for past players where all player discussion takes place.
Doesn’t have to be religious. Just what you see that’s of interest.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Round 1.Cook

Started the game well and put in a solid effort for the whole 80. His run just shy of a try helped greatly for the next play where walker scored.

Looked far more composed. As though the winning competition for hooking role allowed him to focus more. Attacked the line but didn’t panic. Good to see. Few runs splitting the warriors but would have been good to see while Kata was binned. Could have lead to more points with the fatigued warriors scrambling.

Hope this form can continue. He’s certainly the best option we have at the moment. For what it’s worth, Luke ran rings around him.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Round 2. Cook

This really was the tale of 2 halves. Played almost out of his skin for the 1st half. Always probing around the ruck, trying to catch markers offside even by running directly into them. Couple of line breaks and a brilliant try around some fatigued players. Worked his guys out in defence.
Then came half time.
To be fair the heat would have gotten to every player out there and the panthers as a whole handled it better. In the 2nd half cook just lost direction. Not as many darting runs but still had to maintain his defensive workload. That’ll hurt anyone. A penalty as well and the panthers dominance meant that his flow was stifled and frustration seemed to set in.

He played well, some nice kicks in there too but I’m not gunna be hard especially in those conditions. Top tackler and a try deserves some kudos.

Travitoh

First Grade
Round 2. Cook

This really was the tale of 2 halves. Played almost out of his skin for the 1st half. Always probing around the ruck, trying to catch markers offside even by running directly into them. Couple of line breaks and a brilliant try around some fatigued players. Worked his guys out in defence.
Then came half time.
To be fair the heat would have gotten to every player out there and the panthers as a whole handled it better. In the 2nd half cook just lost direction. Not as many darting runs but still had to maintain his defensive workload. That’ll hurt anyone. A penalty as well and the panthers dominance meant that his flow was stifled and frustration seemed to set in.

He played well, some nice kicks in there too but I’m not gunna be hard especially in those conditions. Top tackler and a try deserves some kudos.

I did like seeing him kick out of DH. I don't recall one coming off but it's good to see he is looking for it and hopefully develops that area of his game

callmack1

Staff member
Crap, I just realised I didn't do my one for GI for Round 1.

I tell you what, I'll do it every five Rounds and do a break down of each of GI's games then.

Allgood?

Travitoh

First Grade
Not exactly the purpose of the thread, but I mentioned it in the match day thread and watching Tatola yesterday, he was always the first to get around his team mate and attempt to pick them up again when something went wrong. Can't teach attitude like that.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Well I missed round 3. Here’s round 4

Played well, but today’s game felt like déjà vu. By that I mean cook played closer to last years rocks and diamonds than this year.

Dogs targeted him in defence but he did admirably. He took on the line a few times but the panicky pass seemed to be back again. Few opportunities I saw where a player pushing up was missed.

While his darting runs are great and his speed can blitz opposition, if a combination with AJ or even Gagai can be formed then I think a lot more points could flow if the back of Cook alone.

Looked as though he got batttered today and played through so credit due there. Maybe it’s a timing issue and as the year goes on he’ll settle and be more fluid but for now the highs and lows still have a noticeable gap.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’ll hop on board with Doueihi. I thought he started out pretty shakily with some average ball playing. You could tell there was a flaw in our game plan which the dogs were abusing by rushing up on us. Hopefully that’s fixed against the dragons. Doueihi definitely struggled to have his usual impact in attack as he was panicking and throwing pretty poor passes or just having to hold the ball.

I thought his kicking game was very good however. He made some very good bombs which actually resulted in dropped balls from the dogs. There were just moments in the game though where you could tell Adam Reynolds was missed.

As the game progressed and we started gaining momentum through the dogs poor handling errors I definitely started to see a different Doueihi. At every scrum he was yelling at the boys getting them pumped. His passes seemed to be hitting the mark and he really seemed to be building in confidence. We need players that build the hype and momentum to come back from deficits.

I’m a massive fan of this kid and I think he could be another young gun that leads Souths to a better future. I would be starting Doueihi over Arey but id have Arey on the bench. This kids a winner.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ll hop on board with Doueihi. I thought he started out pretty shakily with some average ball playing. You could tell there was a flaw in our game plan which the dogs were abusing by rushing up on us. Hopefully that’s fixed against the dragons. Doueihi definitely struggled to have his usual impact in attack as he was panicking and throwing pretty poor passes or just having to hold the ball.

I thought his kicking game was very good however. He made some very good bombs which actually resulted in dropped balls from the dogs. There were just moments in the game though where you could tell Adam Reynolds was missed.

As the game progressed and we started gaining momentum through the dogs poor handling errors I definitely started to see a different Doueihi. At every scrum he was yelling at the boys getting them pumped. His passes seemed to be hitting the mark and he really seemed to be building in confidence. We need players that build the hype and momentum to come back from deficits.

I’m a massive fan of this kid and I think he could be another young gun that leads Souths to a better future. I would be starting Doueihi over Arey but id have Arey on the bench. This kids a winner.
Seibs just confirmed Doueihi is in the 14 jersey as I thought.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seibs just confirmed Doueihi is in the 14 jersey as I thought.

Very happy with this decision. He doesn’t deserved to be dropped but at the same time Arey at his best is one of this teams biggest assets. Doueihi should be able to tear up late in the game when the dragons forwards are tiring.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Very happy with this decision. He doesn’t deserved to be dropped but at the same time Arey at his best is one of this teams biggest assets. Doueihi should be able to tear up late in the game when the dragons forwards are tiring.
He can cover centre too and in time when he gets stronger he will be able to cover back row.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
All the spine players are great choices I reckon because they’re getting their hands on the ball the most. Will be looking to contribute this week as well hopefully other people jump on board.
Too true. Inglis would be good too, coming back from injury and all

Latest posts