What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

players on the open market

marty_dragon

Juniors
hey guys and girls (if there are any on here) just wanna know which player you sould sign from another team if they were on the open market.

will be interesting to see who guys say ....

id take cam smith although i cant stand him he's someone you can win a premiership with .....

Mr Red

First Grade
Scott prince number 7
Greg Inglis number 6

imagine those two inside Gasnier, Cooper, Morris and nightingale??

in the forwards i would take Ryan Hoffman and Dallas Johnson.

marty_dragon

Juniors
princey would be awesome dont know bout GI at 6 though ...did you see what he did to gaz the other night belemy's gotta put him back in the centres

petetheileet

First Grade
Hoffman ???

very over rated...id rather Creagh and we would be paying him less

also Setu coming thru and Mundine will be up there soon so i know the three players id want...and none of them played origin on wednesday

Cagey Mac

Bench
Cam Smith or Farrer
Mateo at Lock
Heighington
Williams 110k of power and speed and 19 YO
Inglis 5/8
Thurston
Bailey

Not sure if it's allowed here?

This website is a very easy team by team reference as to which players are coming up for contract renewal..

Have a peek here and it makes shopping for players easy..
http://people.aapt.net.au/darrylbradford/2009_mov.htm

It's a great way to tell which teams are going to peek next year by how they are travelling this year and how many are due for renewal at the end of it..

I'd possibly only add Tom Hewitt back to our team. we can work with the rest who are here/coming here..

Last edited:

Saintsman

Juniors
Why do people want to re-create our halves? Soward is going great, I wouldn't want anyone else in the comp there. Hornby is good at Fullback but I really really like him at halfback.

I would probably take a dummy-half and maybe a lock. So Cam Smith and I think Mundine would be good a lock for us, give him a promotion from the under-20's.

Mundine attacks in the same style as stgeorge and when our attack starts to go blunt he can produce offloads and breaks from sheer strength. I'm thinking about situations for example when we are say about 10 metres out and we cant get a break, Mundine is another player we have that can produce offloads. His defence is top class too.

_Johnsy

Referee
The below selections are players who I think would be astute purchases, although they may not be workable with our roster.

Pomeroy & Farrer as a centre.
Nicolau/Keating ás a 1/2.

petetheileet

First Grade
Not sure if it's allowed here?

This website is a very easy team by team reference as to which players are coming up for contract renewal..

Have a peek here and it makes shopping for players easy..
http://people.aapt.net.au/darrylbradford/2009_mov.htm

It's a great way to tell which teams are going to peek next year by how they are travelling this year and how many are due for renewal at the end of it..

I'd possibly only add Tom Hewitt back to our team. we can work with the rest who are here/coming here..

Great site that one!!!

Mr Red

First Grade
princey would be awesome dont know bout GI at 6 though ...did you see what he did to gaz the other night belemy's gotta put him back in the centres

yeah i agree Inglis is better in the centers, but with Gas and coops there he is better at 6, hell play him fullback even - just get him into the team somewhere....:D

dragonfan1

Juniors
I thought ennis wouldve been awesome. too bad he went to the bulldogs. Apparently luke rooney is linked to the dragons and i reckon he would be a useful replacement for josh morris. In my opinion we need a good goalkicker. Jamie soward has been improving of late but he is not always reliable. So anyone who is reliable would be welcome in my books.