What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players tell fans: Its our fault

Kris_man

Bench
This belief seems to be common: "We started the game well, then we got caned in the last 20; therefore, there was something we were doing in the first 60 that we were not doing in the last 20." Germ, for example, happens to believe that we strayed from our game plan in the last 20) - this is not necessarily true, though. I don't believe it; I actually think the primary reason we were leading was a lopsided penalty count, ie, luck.

There are many other possible interpretations too: I think one valid reason why we tend to score more points in the first 40 is that we rely a lot on our forwards charging onto the ball full steam. When they lose the ability to do this, the "up the guts" game plan that we use, no, RELY upon, starts to go pear shaped. Now, this has little to do with fitness - very few forwards, if any, have been able to run as hard after 50-80 minutes of football as they can at the first minute. It is a GAME PLAN problem, because it involveds putting too many eggs in one basket. (I'm not suggesting that this is the case, but it deserves consideration. Simplified views such as "we lack fitness", "we slacked of mentally and lost concentration" or "there was no pride in the jersey" can only explain so much imo)

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Nice one Germ you f**king idiot, the punters have only given you a massive house and 3 coffee shops but who give a f**k what they think? If you had half a brain you would be dangerous.

The point everyone has missed here is the big one. Of course these players are going to back up Elliott, he is like a good mate to them. Especially when he guarantees you a position every other week. I wonder what Carney, Chalk, Ale and a few others say behind closed doors?

I was never laying blame on the coach solely but was simply stating that Elliott has run his race. Most these players will think Elliott is good because they haven't worked under anyone else at this level. I must sound like a tired old record but I only care about winning footy matches and the club being successful. I would prefer a Chris Anderson or Ricky Stuart who don't care about how chummy they are with their 'staff' and just worry about what will be best to make them successful as coach and win footy matches.

To be honest I knew one or two players would be unhappy at the article earlier in the week but I didn't expect to be completely disregarded by someone when I contribute to his wages. No respect.

well said mate

Sully

Juniors
Kris Man...

Mate, you are back to your best....

There are many other possible interpretations too:

Face it we are not strong enough in ANY aspect of the game

We use up all the petrol in the tank in the first 30 mins then hold on until half time, get out of breath by the 50th minute and BANG:

OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!!

edabomb

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Manly was a night game though, would of been a bit cooler then the Roosters and especially the Knights. Lets see how they hold up this weekend during a night game.

The team seems to be able to hold on and come again during the night games, but not the day ones. Very concerning.