What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players to watch during the World Cup

John_Travolta

Juniors
Hey guys just thought i`d put up a post who the players of the Tournament to watch will be: (doesn`t include all teams lmao)

Australia: Matt Rogers, Matt Burke, George Smith, Phil Waugh.
New Zealand: Tana Umaga, Rueben Thorn.
South Africa: Breyton Pulse, John Smit, Corne Krige.
France: Fabien Galthie, Aurlien Rougerie.
England: Phil Vickery, Johnny Wilkinson, Jason Robinson.
Fiji: Isaia Rasila.
Ireland: Paul O`Connell.

Troy

Anonymous

Juniors
You can also add:

Australia: Lote Tuquri, Chris Whittaker(If that idiot jones gives him a run) Morgan Turunui
New Zealand: Mils Muliaiena, Daniel Carter
South Africa: De Wet Barry, Louis Koen
England: Martin Johnson
Ireland: Keith Wood, Brian O'Driscoll

Marcus

Juniors
France: Serge Bensen, Damian Traille.
Fiji: Rupeni Caucauinbuca, Ulunayu(the fullback)
USA: Dan Lyle
NZ: Carlos Spencer
SA: Van Niekerk, Breyton Paulse

chileman

Coach
Can someone please tell me who is the goal kicker for Argentina and the secondary kicker also...cheers!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
no one has mentioned big joe...the bloke has scored 11 tries in 7 tests and i reckon he will get over 16 tries and get the record for tries in the WC.

Italy Bergamasco
Japan Andy Miller, ex canterbury boy!!
Wales Harris

I have a feeling that most who post in this rugby forum have just been reading the papers and dont really have any idea of whats going on....but maybe thats just me.

Timbo mate, you have had a shocker mate, saying to watch johnson, the bloke is a has been.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Chileman, hey bud whats happening, Argentinas goal kickers are:

Regular Goal Kicker: Felipe Contepomi he plays Fly Half...
Part Timers: Juan Fernandez Miranda also plays Fly half...<<and should be kicking tonight against the Wallabies he`s more accurate and has been kicking of late with Contepomi alot!.

Troy

bazza

Immortal
Dirty Hoe said:
I have a feeling that most who post in this rugby forum have just been reading the papers and dont really have any idea of whats going on....but maybe thats just me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they were reading the papers while they waited for the bandwagon to go passed so they could jump on it?

chileman

Coach
John_Travolta said:
Chileman, hey bud whats happening, Argentinas goal kickers are:

Regular Goal Kicker: Felipe Contepomi he plays Fly Half...
Part Timers: Juan Fernandez Miranda also plays Fly half...<<and should be kicking tonight against the Wallabies he`s more accurate and has been kicking of late with Contepomi alot!.

Troy
Cheers amigo, thanks for the help!

Mint Condition

Juniors
I think Williamse (something like that), the South African winger will be one to watch for.

Australia: I think Phil Waugh will have an excellent tournament.

New Zealand: Collins, Mealamu and Carter

Argentina: Pichot to cement his spot amongst the elite

Ireland: O'Kelly will be the lock of the tournament

England: I think Wilkinson and Thompson will be their stars

Korurangi

Juniors
Australia: Matt Rogers, Wendall Sailor, Matt Burke
Namibia: Hakkies Husselman
Romania: Gabriel Brezoianu
Ireland: Brian O'Driscoll
Argentina: Manuel Contepomi, Deigo Albanese
France: Tony Marsh, Olivier Magne
Scotland: Simon Taylor
Fiji: Rupeni Caucaunibuca, Waisale Serevi
Japan: Daisuke Ohata
USA: Dan Lyle
England: Johnny Wilkinson (wanker), Jason Robinson
South Africa: Breyton Pulse, Corne Krige
Samoa: Lome Fa'atau
Uruguay: Sebastian Aguirre
Georgia: Malkhaz Urjukashvili
New Zealand: Carlos Spencer, Joe Rokocoko, Doug Howlett, Richie McCaw
Wales: um....the fullback i forgot his name now
Tonga: Inoke Afeake, Pierre Hola
Canada: Winston Stanley, Pat Dunkley
Italy: Bergamasco brothers
GO DA ALL BLACKS :p

John_Travolta

Juniors
LOL Korurangi is this the Welsh Fullback you were thinking of?
Iestyn Harris? or the other guy Kevin Morgan?, or maybe the makeshift winger/3/4 Fullback in Rhys Williams?? which one haha

Troy

John_Travolta

Juniors
USA TEAM btw, I also forgot tp put in : Riaan van Zyl he`s gunna score the USA`s most pts in this comp maybe score 5 tries lol. also another guy to watch is flyhalf Matt Sherman, one of the only born and bred yanks in the side from SF, California too haha.

Troy

miniHINDY

Juniors
The fijiian winger was eelectric shows what a good game union can be without the ref spoiling it!!! :D

John_Travolta

Juniors
didn`t help much haha, in the end that is.
Johnny Wilkinson to go on a tear tonight. 15 goals he`ll kick at least lmao.

Troy

John_Travolta

Juniors
No Worries chileman ;) did you need an Kicker from Argentina for a fantasy league or just to get to know who their kicker is??

Troy

Anonymous

Juniors
It's such a shame about Rupeni, he's the deadset most unstoppable winger in the world, but he tends to turn up for a few games, then disappear with some mystery injury or another.

This time he's outdone himself, scoring a sensational try and then getting himself sinbinned and probably suspended :cry:

bayrep

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
It's such a shame about Rupeni, he's the deadset most unstoppable winger in the world, but he tends to turn up for a few games, then disappear with some mystery injury or another.

This time he's outdone himself, scoring a sensational try and then getting himself sinbinned and probably suspended :cry:

I have actually heard that he has been a hand full to handle. The first couple of times he turned up for practice in the S12 he was pissed as a fart. Also not meant to be that motivated etc. I think the guy was a fantastic player during the S12, but I thought he looked on the rather unfit side when I saw him the other night.

Latest posts