What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players

Coaster

Bench
Some of the players that will be available

Jamaal Lolesi, Bulldogs, End of 2005
Willie Tonga, Bulldogs, End of 2006
Ashley Harrison, South Sydney, End of 2005
Benji Marshall, Wests Tigers, End of 2006
Robbie Farah, Wests Tigers, End of 2005
Jamie Lyon, St Helens, End of 2006
Steven Bell, Melbourne, End of 2005
Matt Orford, Melbourne, End of 2005
Matt King, Melbourne, End of 2005
Luke Bailey, Dragons, End of 2005
Preston Campbell, Penrith, End of 2006
Luke Priddis, Penrith, End of 2006
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Brisbane, End of 2005
Darren Albert, St Helens, End of 2005
Jason Hooper, St Helens, End of 2005
David Solomona, Wakefield, End of 2006
Anthony Laffranchi, Wests Tigers, End of 2005
Justin Poore, Dragons, End of 2006
Clint Greenshields, Dragons, End of 2005
Steve Turner, Melbourne, End of 2006

Coaster

Bench
also players from the Roosters off by 07 some are

C.Flannery
C.Wing
C.Fitzgibbon
Cayless
Crocker
Cross

glockers

Juniors
Farah signed a new two year deal with the Tigers this week and has an option for a tird year. He ain't moving till 2007 or 2008.

Kingytek

Juniors
After reading a few articles over night it seems there might be a pommy invasion, I dont mind at all because they are tough players (not all like morley tho) and Im sure if a pom wanted to come to aus then there would be no better incentive then to live on the gold coast!
I do believe we will be fielding a decent side in 2007! Both Poms and Aussies!

Kingytek

Juniors
Just wondering, does anyone know how we are going for cash? Are we getting any grants from the nrl or anything like that?

Hindyscrack

Bench
I think Jamie Lyon is a MASSIVE chance of coming to the Coast. Plenty of family in Nth NSW. We all know his links to Noel Cleal, well John Harvey (ex Gold Coast, Salford coach) was Jamies coach at Wee Waa who recommended Jamie to the Eels, who signed him without taking a look at him. Harve's still lives on the Coast and would be a big influence on Lyons signature.

DIEHARD

----
What is Craig Frawley, former Brisbane Bronco and now Canberra Raider with only four appearances to his name up to?

He was a good player last season for the Broncos.

Hindyscrack

Bench
He is constantly in rehab, always getting injured. I think he is in the first year of a two year deal

woodgers

Bench
The GC should have a very good look at our fullback behind Schif called Marshall Chalk. He is a really good player in attack and defence and is a QLD'er as well. Schif just signed with the Raiders for another 3 years and Chalk is good enough to be a quality 1st grade fullback in his own right. He is too good of a player to play PL so if he isn't satisfied with a wing spot then GC should be chasing him hard.

Corbin

Juniors
woodgers said:
The GC should have a very good look at our fullback behind Schif called Marshall Chalk. He is a really good player in attack and defence and is a QLD'er as well. Schif just signed with the Raiders for another 3 years and Chalk is good enough to be a quality 1st grade fullback in his own right. He is too good of a player to play PL so if he isn't satisfied with a wing spot then GC should be chasing him hard.

I totally agree with you woodgers, I rate Chalk very highly i was very unsure about him last year although he scored something like 4 tries in 5 games in 04, This year he has proved to me that he is a top notch performer.

CHALK FOR GC FULLBACK 07!

woodgers

Bench
Chalk scored 5 tries in 2 games, admittedly 4 were on debut against Souths when we drubbed them but he did get one in the semi against the Roosters.

We also have an Junior Australian and NSW rep winger playing Reserve grade called David Milne. He is quality and is a first rate finisher. Those at Canberra who watch PL will tell you how good he is, Elliott has the blinkers on for sure and no one can work out how he isn't in firsts. I encourage any of you guys to check him out if you get the chance...brilliant.