What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help Us Expand RL

Perth Red

Post Whore
The WARL have been working hard on expanding RL and re establishing the game on the Western seaboard for over 5 years. With expansion of the NRL on the horizon we need true RL fans to stand up and send the NRL a message that we believe our game is good enough and strong enough to be a National game and put AFL in its place as the supposed number one footy code in the country.

How can you help? Sign up and become a member of the WA Reds today. With a strong fans voice the NRL can not ignore the expansion of our great game. A range of memberships are available and details can be found here:

We have a range of options – at the right price too!
Reds Supporter 2011 - $30 2011 / 12 - $55
Joey 2011 - $20 2011 / 12 - $35
Family 2011 - $90 2011 / 12 - $175
Club Member 2011 - $25 2011 / 12 - $45
Foundation Partner 2011 - $25 2011 / 12 - $45
NRL Action Member 2011 only $70

http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/data/client/files/1320_wa_reds_membership_packages_2011.pdf

Thank you for believing in RL, thank you for helping spread the game and we look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Perth in 2013 to see your team play!

The Red Army - WA Reds Supporters Group

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
You have mine too.

I'm not a backwards flat earth NSWRL fan. Expansion means expanding to new areas. Not a throwback to the 70's.

Perth Reds and Ipswich Jets for 2013.

Brutus

Referee
You have mine too.

I'm not a backwards flat earth NSWRL fan. Expansion means expanding to new areas. Not a throwback to the 70's.

Perth Reds and Ipswich Jets for 2013.

Yeah, I must agree there.

thuggdogg

Juniors
Get up in dis one its a good cause straight up.

Straight up lebanon
straight up football.
straight up PERTH REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get on board or u be left behind when d reds come chargin in.

nqcowboy87

Bench
central coast needs to be the next one, consolidation then perth or cc and perth at the same time or a year apart

Pig Champion

Juniors
The WARL have been working hard on expanding RL and re establishing the game on the Western seaboard for over 5 years. With expansion of the NRL on the horizon we need true RL fans to stand up and send the NRL a message that we believe our game is good enough and strong enough to be a National game and put AFL in its place as the supposed number one footy code in the country.

How can you help? Sign up and become a member of the WA Reds today. With a strong fans voice the NRL can not ignore the expansion of our great game. A range of memberships are available and details can be found here:

We have a range of options – at the right price too!
Reds Supporter 2011 - $30 2011 / 12 - $55
Joey 2011 - $20 2011 / 12 - $35
Family 2011 - $90 2011 / 12 - $175
Club Member 2011 - $25 2011 / 12 - $45
Foundation Partner 2011 - $25 2011 / 12 - $45
NRL Action Member 2011 only $70

http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/data/client/files/1320_wa_reds_membership_packages_2011.pdf

Thank you for believing in RL, thank you for helping spread the game and we look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Perth in 2013 to see your team play!

The Red Army - WA Reds Supporters Group

I'm for expansion. I'm for a team in Perth. I'm rugby league through and through. Here's the bit you won't like, I'm a Cronulla supporter.

I believe you'd be best sticking to these sort of positive posts. I've seen plenty of your posts of ill will regarding Cronulla. It's very strange you would publicly hope for one rugby league communities demise and wish for anothers promotion.

You are sort of like a person waiting for an organ transplant, wishing for a young, healthy donor to die. Sorry if I sound flippant but you know what , we ain't dying.

flippikat

Bench
I'm for expansion. I'm for a team in Perth. I'm rugby league through and through. Here's the bit you won't like, I'm a Cronulla supporter.

I believe you'd be best sticking to these sort of positive posts. I've seen plenty of your posts of ill will regarding Cronulla. It's very strange you would publicly hope for one rugby league communities demise and wish for anothers promotion.

You are sort of like a person waiting for an organ transplant, wishing for a young, healthy donor to die. Sorry if I sound flippant but you know what , we ain't dying.

What's your attitude to a joint venture?

I say that not to provoke, but as a serious question.. Balmain & Wests took a long hard look at their situation, and made a move for their greater good.

The Wests Tigers have had success on the field that the old Magpies & Tigers clubs may have struggled to achieve.

I think it's too late now to look at relocation for the Sharks because the most of the candidates for expansion (Central Coast, WA, West Brisbane/Ipswitch) have chosen their identity as part of their bid - Bears, Reds, Jets.

Central Queensland hasn't - but what is the chance that the Sharks could forge a partnership with their bid team without it being seen as opportunist?

Also, there's no geographical constraint for a joint venture, given that the two existing ones jump across other districts & suburbs.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I'm not anti Cronulla and don;t wish demnise on any team (I've been through it twice so know the pain). I am a realist though and can see what the future probably holds, Cronullas future is in their own hands, at the moment they are the weakest club in an over saturated market.

Back on topic, thanks for the good wishes everyone, now get signed up for a membership! :)

Didgi

Get up in dis one its a good cause straight up.

Straight up lebanon
straight up football.
straight up PERTH REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get on board or u be left behind when d reds come chargin in.

Have you signed up for one?

stormbati

Bench
I think Perth should definately be in along with the CC only because they're ready to go and have been knocking the door down for a while now.
Wellington and CQ can follow in 5 or so years.

gallagher

Juniors
central coast needs to be the next one, consolidation then perth or cc and perth at the same time or a year apart

We've been consolidating for the last 30 years. The only place we've taken the game to that hasnt been a league town is Melbourne. The time for expansion is right now.

Well done on the thread PR. Youve got me off my arse to join.

flippikat

Bench
We've been consolidating for the last 30 years. The only place we've taken the game to that hasnt been a league town is Melbourne. The time for expansion is right now.

Still, the other bids on the table are still "league towns" - Central Queensland & West Brisbane..

I know adding either/both of these clubs would help address the NSW/Qld balance of the competition more than adding the Bears, but they aren't as expansionary as the Reds.

It's not as though Adelaide or Tasmania have bids on the table at the moment and you'll be hard-pressed to get that in a hurry.

If the Bears and Reds are the next teams in (as widely tipped), it will add to the pressure on NSW clubs (especially Sydney).

How the Independent Commission handles this will be IMO it's biggest test.

Loudstrat

Coach

Welcome to Rugby League youngster. I'm sure when you advance past puberty you will hav time to discover the rich heritage of our great game.

We have been expanding since 1908. Up to 1967 the main comp expanded to keep pace with Sydney's expansion, then in 1982 went to Wollongong and Canberra - arguably the first non League town. We included Perth and Auckland in 1995 - then Super League came along and collapsed it all.

CC has to be next - it is self sufficient and wont need handouts, nor have a huge and hostile neighbour - Ipswitch (a rotten location with sweet FA corporate presence) can ONLY survive if the Broncos approve - and history shows they certainly dont.

Good luck with Perth, but if it cannot fund it's own way forget it.

Latest posts