What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with my weight training

Use mainly free weights and lift heavy, to failure, with good form. Eat a lot, rest a lot. And then you are on your way to being built like The European Polynesian.

Cliffhanger

Coach
handles will go away after perseverance and a healthy low fat diet.If u get a chance check out superstrengthtraining.com and also oldtimestrongman.com I enjoy reading from these websites about old school workout systems before steroids came into play.Some of the old school trainers dont look as impressive as the mucle pumpers on the podium but they sure are strong and thick set
Low fat diets will not get rid of handles. You need a cut if they don't go after consistent training.

That means low carbs and high protein and moderate fat. Low fat diets are a myth.

The most important thing is not your training, it's your nutrition, if you want to build lean muscle you gotta put the best things into your body. Food is fuel for our body, you want the best results put the best shit in.

GOMAD, creatine or a mass gainer might help you get big but you're better off with clean eating and a clear plan.

Last edited:
I bet this toolbag has chicken legs to go with his big upper body hidden in loose trackies worn even in summer.Always remember just because a person can move heavy weight it doesn't make 'em a capable brawler or bullet proof.Not saying to give him the Belfast 6 pack.As mentioned already squats and deadlifts for a ballanced thick muscular look.And you won't be ashamed to wear shorts.Eat lots of lean meat(salmon,tuna,chicken,beef ect..) and salads.Don't forget to have 2-3 days off from dieting

This. Had an experience similar with a dude laughing at the amount i was benching on the incline, despite the fact I have low rest times, superset every set i did with a set of 30 pushups five times, and tacking on an extra sixth set of another exercise which I supersetted with a set of 30 pushups.

The next day dude was doing legs, same as me and was on the leg press. he had 4 plates on each side and, typical f**kwit, didnt put his weights away. I jumped on just as he was leaving and said cheers mate, whilst I loaded on another four each side!

I love legs, and have found them and abs do be the most important bodyparts for me to work on, as a relative novice in the gym, in gaining core strength for everythign else.

For me, I'd say training alongside someone who knows their shit is a great way to learn. I have a mate who is a champion power lifter who has now switched to novice bodybuilding, and he assisted me for the first 8 months, keeping an eye on form, pushing me to go beyond my quitting point and giving me information of what exercises I should be doing etc. not only that, he 'looked the part' so I never got shit from others at the gym, which does wonders for the psycological side of things.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
power racks are the best investment anyone can have who loves to lift heavy and safely as a lifestyle not a hobby
when i eventually organise my garage/yard i will invest in one instead of paying $800/year for a membership

^5 Brother.

Me and a group of mates are in the process of chipping in and building a garage gym at one of their places. Nothing flash, just a power rack, bench, couple of oly bars and a stack of plates, plus a rowing machine and bike to warm up on and do some cardio on rest days with. Oh and a biltong maker for some healthy high-protien snacks and a home brewing setup for some recreational activity :lol:

Latest posts