What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG Kumuls v PMXIII

Coastbloke

Bench
Apparently this is still going ahead, but you wouldn't know it. I've been trying to find some media on it.
There was a story in the PNG media back in May saying it attaining full Test status. Another article on the NRL site also around the same time claimed that all players not in the Grand Final would be considered.

So some players in the Australian team look like they will be playing the Kumuls, Kiwis and Tonga on consecutive weeks? Not bad for a rest year..!! Anyone got further details on this elusive Kumuls clash?

Burns

First Grade
Kumuls naming their side on Monday.

It's been weird this year, normally the train on team is named from the NRL sides that don't make the Finals, then grows each week.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Tickets for the match went on sale in Port Moresby starting Wednesday.

The 2 stands (North & South) directly behind the trylines had sold out by yesterday.

The outer Eastern Stand might be sold out during the weekend. The main Grandstand and it's Western Wings maybe available for another week or two.

thorson1987

Coach
Holy shit. I had no idea if this was actually going ahead this year. Like Burns said the side usually starts getting picked the 1st week of the finals and more players added as sides are eliminated.

jim_57

Staff member
The outer Eastern Stand might be sold out during the weekend. The main Grandstand and it's Western Wings maybe available for another week or two.
There was a story in the PNG media back in May saying it attaining full Test status. Another article on the NRL site also around the same time claimed that all players not in the Grand Final would be considered.

So putting pieces together here, can we assume this is a full test Kangaroos V Kumuls test played after the NRL season?

Big news for PNG if so, massive news if becomes a full test every year. Not much credit gets given to the Kangaroos on here but if they are playing tests against PNG & Tonga it deserves a bit of praise.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The kumuls should really be now starting to close the gap on the Aussies. Especially playing at home and with more players playing in the NRL, Queensland cup and English leagues. I’m not talking about actually beating the kangaroos which would be nice but coming within 20 points.

mikail-eagle

Bench
At yesterday's press conference to announce the team it was mentioned that the PNGRFL are waiting on the availabilty of Alex Johnston and Jack DE Belin..

Apparently Jack De Belin could be in the Australian Team as well so won't make a decision until after the Aust Team is announced.

jim_57

Staff member
At yesterday's press conference to announce the team it was mentioned that the PNGRFL are waiting on the availabilty of Alex Johnston and Jack DE Belin..

Apparently Jack De Belin could be in the Australian Team as well so won't make a decision until after the Aust Team is announced.

Did Gideon Gela-Mosby ever confirm his eligibility?

Walter sobchak

First Grade

That should rule de Belin out for me. Either you want to play for and commit to PNG or you don’t. None of this I’ll wait and see if I get picked for another nation bollocks.

What’s the deal with Johnston? Is he injured or waiting to see if he also gets a call from the kangaroos?

kbw

Bench
When are they announcing the Australian Pm's side.
I have also heard there is a Women's version as well

mikail-eagle

Bench
That should rule de Belin out for me. Either you want to play for and commit to PNG or you don’t. None of this I’ll wait and see if I get picked for another nation bollocks.

What’s the deal with Johnston? Is he injured or waiting to see if he also gets a call from the kangaroos?

Not sure what Johnston's delay is. He is no chance of playing for Australia.

The PNGRFL Chairman only said that their availability will be confirmed early next week.

jim_57

Staff member
The paperwork to prove his parents conection to Daru Island and PNG isn't there.

The Islanders on either of the bother don't usually need it when Island hoping so record keeping was never a major thing.

It would be a shame if he's eligible but gets denied because of that. Surely the RLIF can look at things like this case by case.

thorson1987

Coach
Just posted on Kangaroos FB page.

42541780_10156702326189583_251520543348490240_n.jpg

Latest posts