What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG student dies in ‘friendly game’

ali

Bench
Dei student dies in ‘friendly game’

A VILLAGE “friendly” rugby league match on New Year’s eve turned into a tragedy when a Western Highlands student died while playing for his team.
Relatives identified the deceased as Nelson Anda, a Grade 10 student at Kitip Secondary School in the Dei Council area.
Anda died instantly while playing for his Rokola clan team.
A relative, Gideon Kingal said that youths from Mun village organised a social game on New Year’s eve. Four teams from the Kimka and Rokola tribes took part.
Minutes after the kick-off, the deceased caught the ball and ran into an opponent and collapsed in the tackle.
Kingal said Anda was taken to the Mount Hagen General Hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival. The body is now at the hospital morgue awaiting post mortem.

www.thenational.com.pg

Copa

Bench
Very sad indeed.

I wonder if the under-resourced third world medical system in PNG was unable to cope with otherwise treatable injuries?

We will probably never know.

Poor bloke.

Woods99

Juniors
My best friend's young cousin was killed playing touch rugby. He fell, hitting his head on another guy's knee on the way down. Had a headache, and went to rest on the sideline for a while.

Thirty minutes later he was dead.

BlindMan

Juniors
thats horrible.

i suppose it could of been anything he died of, like last year i think in soccer a player from cameroon i think, died in the middle of a game, i think it was heart attack i think and he was late 20's early 30's. but thats really shocking.

screeny

Bench
I'm sure most of you heard, but on 31 December last year (two weeks ago) the Doncaster RL coach, St John Ellis, died of a heart attack while training his team. He was only 41.

brendothejet

First Grade
The world we live in now it doesn't matter how old you are. Heart attacks are killers..

Thanks McDonalds.