What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG to France in 2019..??

roughyedspud

Coach
So let's run through the logistics..and how likely it is...

Travel to Sydney for the world 9s,travel to France for 2 games v France and then travel to where ever they are playing Fiji & Samoa in the pathetic cup...and then play GB in port moresby....all in consecutive weeks

If you think that'll happen I've got some magic beans to sell you...

Edit...just realized one of the dates of the proposed tests is the same day as the world 9s..

Jim from Oz

Juniors
So let's run through the logistics..and how likely it is...

Travel to Sydney for the world 9s,travel to France for 2 games v France and then travel to where ever they are playing Fiji & Samoa in the pathetic cup...and then play GB in port moresby....all in consecutive weeks

If you think that'll happen I've got some magic beans to sell you...

Edit...just realized one of the dates of the proposed tests is the same day as the world 9s..
Would make more sense for France to go to PNG for the 2 Tests, yes?

(I'm presuming France will surely play in the World 9s …)

Perth Red

Post Whore
You'd think it would make more sense in PNG given half the French team will be here for the nines. France does need to host a series in France though, be it PNG, Tonga, Samoa of Fiji. Any of them would make for a great three match series.

Coastbloke

Bench
Wow, just when one gets excited over a possible tour, the reality of IRL sets in..:confused:

Tier 1 nations of the other code can get together in LA to nut out yet another global tournament, and our Leagues can't even talk to each other to avoid scheduling conflicts..

I was so excited I forgot the Lions tour..Ah well.. :confused:

deluded pom?

Coach
Would make more sense for France to go to PNG for the 2 Tests, yes?

(I'm presuming France will surely play in the World 9s …)
I thought that was what is being proposed jim? That’s how I read it in the article I saw. I just can’t remember where I saw it though.

Coastbloke

Bench
I thought that was what is being proposed jim? That’s how I read it in the article I saw. I just can’t remember where I saw it though.

I just opened the link in my OP just to re read and make sure.
It states (from a French Rugby paper mind you) that the FRL are in talks with the PNGRL to have the Kumuls come to France for 2 Tests in October.

It's quite frustrating because as much as we'd like too see it, I'd forgottten about the Southern Hemisphere activity.. :confused:

Jim from Oz

Juniors
From the original link:

PNG'S FRENCH TESTS INCREASE 2019'S INTERNATIONAL APPEAL
29 January 2019 - Written by Zack Wilson

Reports in France this week indicate that Papua New Guinea are on their way to Europe this autumn, where they will play two Test Matches against France.

According to French rugby paper Midi Olympique, the FFR is engaged in negotiations to bring the Kumuls to France.

Although not confirmed yet, it looks like the FFR13 wants France to face the Kumuls on October 19 and 26.

deluded pom?

Coach
From the original link:

PNG'S FRENCH TESTS INCREASE 2019'S INTERNATIONAL APPEAL
29 January 2019 - Written by Zack Wilson

Reports in France this week indicate that Papua New Guinea are on their way to Europe this autumn, where they will play two Test Matches against France.

According to French rugby paper Midi Olympique, the FFR is engaged in negotiations to bring the Kumuls to France.

Although not confirmed yet, it looks like the FFR13 wants France to face the Kumuls on October 19 and 26.
I’m sure I saw another similar article saying that France would be playing in PNG. Or am I going senile?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its not the most obvious match up, but both of these nations need regular games (i think the 3-game series would suit more) to develop the teams and the fan base...

The more logical regular opponents would be PNG-NZ and France-Wales/Ireland (in terms of logistics and local rivalry).

But really, anything at all is good ATM.