What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Referee
-

yawn
you didnt answer the question, why would a PNG club play games in Cairns and not in PNG?
I did

do you get sick of being proven wrong all the time ?

oh wait you don’t

first time I told you the stadium in cairns would get upgraded you mocked as usual

Perth Red

Post Whore
I did

do you get sick of being proven wrong all the time ?

oh wait you don’t

first time I told you the stadium in cairns would get upgraded you mocked as usual
remind me then, why do you think a PNG club should play games in Cairns?

No you said it would get significantly upgraded. Spending $44mill on one stand of 5000 and some temp scaffolding stands for the Olympics is what we knew in 2021. You claimed it would get turned into a proper stadium for NRL games. There is still no sign what so ever that that will happen.

This is what it will look like post olympics according to this weeks news lol

cairns.jpg

Wb1234

Referee
remind me then, why do you think a PNG club should play games in Cairns?

No you said it would get significantly upgraded. Spending $44mill on one stand of 5000 and some temp scaffolding stands for the Olympics is what we knew in 2021. You claimed it would get turned into a proper stadium for NRL games. There is still no sign what so ever that that will happen.

This is what it will look like post olympics according to this weeks news lol

View attachment 86752
44 million is significant lmao

why should a png team play games there ?

expand fan base
Get sponsors from north qld
Get some juniors from nth qld
Game day revenue from aussies

I’ve always said they could play a game or two there

heck they could even take their game bs the cowboys to qcb to make a lot of money

Perth Red

Post Whore

expand fan base

heck they could even take their game bs the cowboys to qcb to make a lot of money
lol it really isnt, its buying a 5000 stand. Thats pretty much it once the temp seating has gone. As the artists impression this week shows.

Yeh cowboys will agree to that! Did you miss the Vlandys backflip after he visited them?
How did warriors go playing in redcliffe? Did it achieve any of those things?

Wb1234

Referee
lol it really isnt, its buying a 5000 stand. Thats pretty much it once the temp seating has gone. As the artists impression this week shows.

Yeh cowboys will agree to that! Did you miss the Vlandys backflip after he visited them?
How did warriors go playing in redcliffe? Did it achieve any of those things?
Cowboys don’t own qcb

lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
East hull it will remind them of home
Id think you were being sarcastic, but knowing you you probably think itd be a good idea!
Lol you want them to have three home venues, one of which is well below NRL standard and two of which are in a differnet country. You do make me laugh.

Wb1234

Referee
Id think you were being sarcastic, but knowing you you probably think itd be a good idea!
Lol you want them to have three home venues, one of which is well below NRL standard and two of which are in a differnet country. You do make me laugh.
You should tr reading back some of your posts

eg nrl Vegas won’t happen
Crowd in Vegas will be bad
Perth will get an nrl team (been saying that for 20 years)
PNG is no chance of an nrl team
Nobody will bid for an nz side
Sky nz are going to cut their tv deal value

etc

Maximus

Coach

expand fan base

Why would they need to expand the fan base to some place with 150k people when you claim they will be supported by 17m?
Why do they need sponsors from north qld when you claim they will get 10s of millions per year from mining companies in PNG?
Why do they need juniors from north qld when you claim they will produce hundreds of players per year in PNG?
Why do they need game day revenue from a 5k crowd when you claim they will be the richest team in the comp?

Canard

Immortal
Any of you lads actually bothered to read the article?
An exact figure won’t be determined until further reports are completed, given rising construction costs, a government source said. Federal government funding for the project has yet to be finalised.

Wb1234

Referee
This game in Darwin..30 degrees and 70% humidity... what players who sign for PNG can look forward to every second week.
I couldn't think of a worse expansion option.
With the riots and humidity home ground advantage should be at least ten points