What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Maximus

Coach
A landslide just killed up to 2000 people and the lack of infrastructure and roads is hampering any rescue efforts… but sure, let’s bankroll a pro footy team, that’s what they really need.

We should be helping them build infrastructure to protect people from things like this, not spending 100m building a compound for rich people.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We should be helping them build infrastructure to protect people from things like this, not spending 100m building a compound for rich people.
100%. Fund a highway from Port Moresby to the highlands and make sure it’s built properly and you’ll actually do something transformative for the place.

MugaB

Coach
The deal has been done!
Wonder how much we already pay per year for 2 Super Rugby teams in the Pacific? I deadset think if we are to howl this down, we'll need to make sure the tax payers get a big fat refund from super rugby for carrying Moana Pacifica and the Fijian drua

Wb1234

Referee
I remember when I first raised the idea of a png nrl side a year ago Perth red laughed at me

along the way you had endless comments by canard and bukowksi saying png was a pipe dream

heck maximis went through the budget line by line and couldn’t find the allocation of 60 million pa towards the png nrl side

and yet here we are

Canard

Immortal
I remember when I first raised the idea of a png nrl side a year ago Perth red laughed at me

along the way you had endless comments by canard and bukowksi saying png was a pipe dream

heck maximis went through the budget line by line and couldn’t find the allocation of 60 million pa towards the png nrl side

and yet here we are
You "first raised it" a year ago? You mean besides the the last 2 decades of it being discussed?

I think you will find I have been quite consistent that a PNG NRL side is a f**king stupid idea and will end in tears.

Its incredible first world hubris to consider millionaires playing Rugby League whilst 40% of the country lives in extreme poverty, the health system is desperately underfunded, life expectancy is low and security is terrible.

Canard

Immortal
A dark day for rugby league.

Tiktok and Muggers will be frothing but this is leagues GWS moment.
At least GWS is just Aussie Rules money.

This is our taxpayer dollars being flushed down the toilet.

And no, this isn't even close to spending $14m over 4 years for a 2nd grade Rugby comp. (which is also a massive waste)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

and yet here we are
Where are we Swannie?