What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ll give you a clue

The exact number doesn’t matter

Isn’t there a new bears jersey design you could be talking about than wasting time for people who are interested in a png nrl team
of course it doesnt, who needs facts when you can just put sht out and gullible fools like you swallow it up? Back to X for you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Assuming an average tax rate of 30 percent then it means a huge saving for players

Someone sounds a bit afraid of the competition from a png team
Never argued that being tax free wouldnt be an incentive to some for a short period.
Yeh Perth or Port Moresby. For a player with a young family earning a mint and looking for sponsor endorsements it'd be a tough choice!

But that has nothing to do with Vlandys making sht up to try and sell an argument.

Bring on the PNG team. There’s so much untapped raw rugby league talent there. Even if we can harness 0.0001% of the 10million known population that’s 1,000 potential players to stream into the NRL and NRLW competitions. If only 20-50 of that 1,000 potential players are talented enough to make regular first grade then that’s a win.

That pool will only increase with the right pathways, infrastructure and systems in place. Persistence is the key.

If I were the NRL I would ask and pay to have some of the best talent identifiers from club land spend a few weeks in the coming off seasons in assisting the PNG franchise work out how best to set up shop.

Wb1234

Immortal
Never argued that being tax free wouldnt be an incentive to some for a short period.
Yeh Perth or Port Moresby. For a player with a young family earning a mint and looking for sponsor endorsements it'd be a tough choice!

But that has nothing to do with Vlandys making sht up to try and sell an argument.
His argument was tax incentives will attract players

lol

No tax and lower travel times and coming in a year after you

Jealousy is a curse

Wb1234

Immortal
Bring on the PNG team. There’s so much untapped raw rugby league talent there. Even if we can harness 0.0001% of the 10million known population that’s 1,000 potential players to stream into the NRL and NRLW competitions. If only 20-50 of that 1,000 potential players are talented enough to make regular first grade then that’s a win.

That pool will only increase with the right pathways, infrastructure and systems in place. Persistence is the key.

If I were the NRL I would ask and pay to have some of the best talent identifiers from club land spend a few weeks in the coming off seasons in assisting the PNG franchise work out how best to set up shop.

Pvl made the point tax incentives aren’t just for the nrl team but also for the people who will work in development so they want to attract the best people

MugaB

Coach

Yes.... all of this ^^^^

Gordie

Juniors
In 20 to 50 years png will be one of the biggest rugby league clubs in the world

Its going to take the whole game of rugby league to another level

Some people need to look past economic snobbery
Not sure about PNG being the biggest domestic RL club in the world but PNG as a national RL team has the potential to be the #1 RL playing nation on the planet.