What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach
Nailed it

the whole argument has this really bad smell about it saying they are all poor

last thing I would’ve thought from rugby league fans where many clubs come from poor areas but there you go
Lets not bother about Ipswich too then or Logan both are povo areas of SEQ, why would we need a team in those areas

Perth Red

Post Whore
So, a lot of pacifica's travel hrs in ur admittedly dodgy numbers are not in the air. 4 hrs in the airport per trip for PNG?!
That's equal to Perth's entire airport time spread out over seasons.

Even by ur own dodgy numbers Perth team spends more time in air?!

Want to rethink ur argument?/
Its travel time, not flight time. Sounds like you dont leave home much but airport time matters when factoring in fatigue due to travelling

Perth Red

Post Whore
So really any international flight will take an extra two hours in travel time... lets just get rid of this png idea, and boot out the warriors, all this travel time is a wasted effort
Im not suggesting we should decide on club18 by travel time. Thats the other dckhead.
Im juts pointing out the inaccuracies in his argument. Perth will spend less time travelling for games than PNG in Cairns, thats a fact.

Canard

Immortal
Sorry but i can get a tix to a game and buy a jersey here in sydney and not be a millionaire... not sure what your tangent is, there are plenty of people in png who aren't living in poverty, do we brush the whole country with the same brush

You're the one who claimed 10% of the population are basically millionaires (earning 500k AUD annually)

It's a third world country, there isn't "plenty of people" living above the poverty line.

And even if there was, creating a team for the countries elite, would be a pretty shit outcome and everything RL doesn't stand for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Flight time? Or your bogus travel time, including toilet breaks to and from the hotel lobby
As someone who flies regularly I think I know what Im talking about. A big chunk of the time spent travelling is not in the plane. Took me 11 hours door to door to get to Gold Coast last week, about 5.5 of which was actually flying.

MugaB

Coach
You're the one who claimed 10% of the population are basically millionaires (earning 500k AUD annually)

It's a third world country, there isn't "plenty of people" living above the poverty line.

And even if there was, creating a team for the countries elite, would be a pretty shit outcome and everything RL doesn't stand for.
I never said millionaires, i said "rich/well off" as in not poor) youve jumped on the elitist train all on your own... still painting with that same brush brah

Pippen94

First Grade
Im not suggesting we should decide on club18 by travel time. Thats the other dckhead.
Im juts pointing out the inaccuracies in his argument. Perth will spend less time travelling for games than PNG in Cairns, thats a fact.

Time in the air is fatiguing coz body is taking in less oxygen. Travel would be worse for perth than PNG team

Pippen94

First Grade
Yes because 10% of PNG are Millionaires.

And the average PNG local will just order knock off merchandise, using their Amazon Prime membership. Of which zero royalties will go to the NRL or the team.

Could you be anymore of a peanut?

Government is paying. Everything else including sponsorship is bonus. This is why bid is favorite over others like Perth with no backer

MugaB

Coach
You do like to make yourself look a dck.
Quickest Cairns to Auckland 9hrs 10mins
Perth to Auckland 8hrs 40mins
I also noticed perth to cairns was 4 hrs 40 mins
Very quick
Plus theres a png airline called air niugini
Screenshot_20230605-204201_Samsung Internet.jpg
But knowing PVL he'd probably sort out some private airline deal, more likely since its a fulltime team travelling, not a part time like all the others, having all those games during covid might have turned this bid into a reality, with all those private jets taking the NRL teams everywhere, the lightbulb to get a private jet on call would be feasable with the amount they spend on travel

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
I’m really not sure about this PNG push, one of my sons mates played the PNG Headhunters in the Q Cup on Saturday in Port Moresby, he said it was certainly an eye opening experience.
They had armed security guards most places they went but he was blown away with how the locals knew who they were and how they greeted them.
He said he certainly knew he had played a game of footy afterwards but he did point out they were very basic in a lot of areas which did make things alot more easier.
He said he couldn’t imagine opposition fans travelling over there to watch a game.
Another one of my sons mates plays for Wynnum Manly so I’ll check if they play in Port Moresby this year and see what he thinks.